Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Possible frame damage.

Okay guys. Looking for input. Mainly Chevy c10 owners. On my rear frame rails right where my bumper would mount to the frame. The passenger side is up about 3/16 of an inch. Is there a way to fix this @ a frame shop if anyone has knowledge on this? I know they can pull crushed in frame rails out but mine is raised I guess. Or is this super common on older Chevy trucks? My only worry is I put a complete hotchkis tvs kit on the truck (it will not be driving for another 6 months) and don't want any handling issues to occur once.

Thanks guys.

Country Flag: United States
      Not a c10 owner, but a good body shop should be able to straighten that right up for you should it need it. Pulling a frame down isn't hard at all. They can simply hook up a measuring system to it and they can tell you exactly how good or bad it is.

Country Flag: United States
      What year C10? Many I have seen have frames the resemble wet noodles.
      Possibly you have an existing suspension issue?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty rick View Post
      What year C10? Many I have seen have frames the resemble wet noodles.
      Possibly you have an existing suspension issue?
      Eveyrhing on the suspension is brand new. And I can see its a frame issue. It sat this way when I drove it years and years ago.

And its a 72'

Quote Originally Posted by Cshenker1121 View Post
      And its a 72'
      What did you end up doing with your frame

Not a C10 owner, but when I was measuring the D100 frame for reference points, 3/16" wasnt uncommon. The frame rails are also twisted along its length and at the ends. If your worried, call a shop, they might pull it. I would think as long as the suspension is straight and square, and the body sits well, 3/16" isnt a worry. But, Im by no means an expert.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com