Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

69 Camaro RS LSA TR6060 and 0 Fab Skills

Hey Guys,

I want to post this build for all the people like myself who have been lurking on the forums just gathering info and never doing anything about it. I want this thread to be an inspiration for people to fulfill their dreams by getting up and building something with THEIR OWN 2 hands Ever since I can remember I have been in love with cars and fixing things. I grew up and still watch how to shows like 2 guys garage, extreme 4x4, horsepower tv, Detroit muscle, and trucks. I'm 35 right now and to date have only done my own oil and brake changes. The rest of my knowledge all came from the how to shows, books, and internet. That's my into

Onto the car, I bought a 69 Camaro shell from a forum member that supposedly had all fab work done to it already and is ready for body work. I picked a shell instead of buying a complete car mostly because in my opinion buying complete car then tearing it apart is like opening a can of worms. I have heard too many stories of hidden rust, poor body work and patch panels on top of rust. The car came with the following:
      -all rusty panels replaced with new
      -rear wheel tubs and shaved frame rail
      -custom spoiler
      -custom tucked in front bumper
      -custom tucked in and welded in rear bumper
      -shaved drip rails
      -front and rear windshield filled in so you don't need ss perimeter trim
      -shaved door and trunk locks
      -shaved front and rear marker lights
      -complete Chassisworks pro touring front suspensions with 14' rotors, wilwood 6 piston wilwood brakes, rack n pinion, tubular control arms etc.

My plan is to not get overwhelmed and take it step by step and day by day. I can only dedicate maybe 2 days a week on the car so hopefully updates won't be too slow. I want the car to be as modern and up to date as possible but still retain 69 Camaro body so here's the parts that will go in:
      -15' ZL1 LSA with TR6060
      -Heidts IRS (because it's a bolt in system and again most modern rear setup)
      -power windows
      -power door locks
      -hopefully custom interior or TMI
      -Marquez dash or custom
      -AAW classic update
      -PSI engine harness
      -WPM fuel system
      -ricks restomod tank
      -flaming river steering column
      -vintage air and heat system
      Things I want to do but may not work out:
      -android for guages (WPM system will not work with this as no fuel pressure or sending unit info will be displayed via OBD) I welcome suggestions!
      -IPad integration into the middle of the dash like in Tesla vehicles

And now onto the pictures, enjoy!
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com