Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Took another pic of the interior with everything in the exact position. The pics from before I just kinda threw everything in there to see what it would look like. Nothing was bolted down etc.
      Name:  31EB37C5-9708-442B-8E98-F8D110AF61DE.jpg
Views: 3952
Size:  188.5 KB

As far as door panels and the rest of the interior I’m thinking to go with TMI VXR series door panels and headliner. They look like this:
      Name:  614666F7-8FD4-4694-A4A5-8E2E42C54023.jpg
Views: 3853
Size:  6.4 KB

I don’t like their front seat and back seat options. Their backseat costs like $2500 for a kit that you have to recover yourself and it looks kinda bulky, I think they could have done a better job especially since they designed their own foam. These at the front seats that are ok, but I’m not in love with them especially since they are like $1500 for the pair and not motorized.
      Name:  6199E9F2-C166-4CFB-8EBA-E71710B3C849.jpg
Views: 3882
Size:  9.0 KB

I really love the look of the recaro style seats like these. So I have to visit some upholstry shops to see how much it would cost to do the backseat how I want and to recover these seats. Hey maybe they can do the whole interior for a similar cost of TMI if I had to buy everything from them. Either way I will need to have the dash and possibly the center console recovered to match the rest of the interior which will be black leather, black suede inserts and red stitching.
      Name:  308D9DE7-4D04-49C9-9B1E-8A5C0E4B1ECC.jpg
Views: 3803
Size:  7.9 KB

Wow! Look killer. That interior is awesome! Can't wait to see the progress!
      1951 Ford F1, 1967 RS Camaro, 1979 Firebird Formula, 1979 Trans Am/LS swap.

Thanks for the positive comments. To respond to a previous post and my intention to integrate an iPad as a guage cluster has been unfortunately scrapped only because there will be no way to get a readout of fuel level so if I have to have a fuel guage kinda defeats the whole point. I know you can get like an arduino and convert and analog signal to digital but I have no idea how to do this. My plan was to use an OBD WiFi adapter and use an app like torque along with an app called llama. The torque app is for guages and the llama app launches the torque app when key on (senses charging) and wen key off would lock the screen. It’s seems very easy and cheap to go this puts but again a physical fuel guage would be needed.

My current plan is to use the stock CLA pod and remove its gages put 2 4 1/2” guages for speed and tach and 2 small 2 1/8” guages in the middle for Fuel level and temp

Name:  F3D31368-DCE5-4E58-BCA8-33FFCC5B144D.jpg
Views: 3663
Size:  156.0 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Great innovation - I love the use of the CLA dash, very cool - just in the process of closing out (albeit very slowly) my own 69 Camaro LSA/TR6060 build
      Keep up the great posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Thanks for the positive comments. To respond to a previous post and my intention to integrate an iPad as a guage cluster has been unfortunately scrapped only because there will be no way to get a readout of fuel level so if I have to have a fuel guage kinda defeats the whole point. I know you can get like an arduino and convert and analog signal to digital but I have no idea how to do this. My plan was to use an OBD WiFi adapter and use an app like torque along with an app called llama. The torque app is for guages and the llama app launches the torque app when key on (senses charging) and wen key off would lock the screen. It’s seems very easy and cheap to go this puts but again a physical fuel guage would be needed.

My current plan is to use the stock CLA pod and remove its gages put 2 4 1/2” guages for speed and tach and 2 small 2 1/8” guages in the middle for Fuel level and temp
      i picked up speedhut gauges - they have a lot of options - i was able to do a nice 4 1/2' tach and a 4 1/2 gps speedo with fuel level - that would free up the 2 smaller gauges for different options? although i don't have them all installed yet the quality was nice out of the box
      Don
      Grace - 67 Camaro daily driver with upgrades along the way.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Camaro-Driver

Yup I’m gonna go with speedhut guages too. I saw the guage within a guage, but I like the clean look of just 1 simple gauge. Probably will get red background with white numbers.

Country Flag: Germany
      Very nice work, the dash looks very good !

Where and how did you cut the dash for 2-3" ?

sub´d

I made a cardboard template of the curvature where dash meets bottom of windshield then started to cut about 1 inch increments in the top of the dash where the defrost vents were. In the end it was about 3 inches I took off just past the defrost vents. The nice thing is that the dash has space in the middle where a center channel speaker goes. Regardless if I install a speaker there or not that area can function as defrost as well because it’s covered by just a screen. I did the cutting with a grinder and cut off wheel. Cut it like butter!

Killer build, I share your ambition and skill level lol

Keep up the great progress.
      What does a '15 LSA and 6060 cost a guy these days? I'm planning a 72 olds build after my wagon is done.

Ha, 25 Year TV and Internet trained fabricator. I like that! We get trained from the best if they are on TV! Honestly a lot of it is kinda common sense and trial and error. I bought my LSA from eBay for 14,500 shipped to my door. But if I had to do it again I would buy from a forum member here, his name is loyaltyisking. They have a shop countyspeed.com. He has incredible prices on LSA and even LT1 and LT4 packages way cheaper than eBay. I think he offered me 12 or 13k for an LSA TR6060. But I pulled the trigger too early before he messaged me. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Name:  29231915-019A-40BA-AFAD-AEA6F0C10D44.jpg
Views: 3337
Size:  169.1 KBName:  E1D984D9-9E7F-4F80-A178-D5E8A63DE89F.jpg
Views: 3348
Size:  172.5 KBFinally got the driveshaft took about 3 months. And I mounted the magnaflow x exhaust. Fits super nice except i have no room to put a 90 degree tip because of the Heidts IRS A arm. Any suggestions?

Name:  EEB3D274-D3AD-441D-A861-243A399BC204.jpg
Views: 3348
Size:  170.4 KBAlso got the radiator from entropy. It’s beautiful but has no instructions or port sizes. But it has a lifetime warranty can’t beat that

Does that Wilwood brake reservoir have the powder coating on the inside as well?

I have the same one. The coating came ovver within a year or so and got all in my brake system. Horrible, horrible design (hopefully they fixed it). If I were you I'd clean off all of the black coating on the inside before commissioning, if applicable.

Great project btw....looks amazing.

what do you guys think of this? It's hard to create a rear diffuser because the license plate is so close to the edge. This is from a 15 Mustang rear diffuser that I used my VERY crude photoshop skills to impose the diffuser on a random Camaro. The color scheme I'm going to go with is the red from Mazda CX5 with black strips. So the whole car will be red and the diffuser will be black.
      Name:  Camaro1.jpg
Views: 4035
Size:  125.5 KB

Man I love everything so far, but that looks like its being forced, doesn't blend at all to me...

Hey guys trying to get some input and thinking possibly too far ahead, but I like to have things planned out in my head. So the color scheme for the car will be a Mazda CX-5 red (i'ts kind of like a candy apple red but darker) with gloss black strips (like on my other 67 Camaro see below). My question is, I was planning to have the engine bay be satin black, but would that be weird with the gloss black strips and you open the hood the engine bay will be satin black? Am I overthinking this? Or go with gloss black engine bay? I just love the tuff look of the satin black. I think it's also kind of easier to hide imperfections with satin maybe?

Please help me out guys, if you have any pics of satin or gloss black engine bays that would be great!

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2979
Size:  156.0 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 3036
Size:  94.3 KBName:  1.jpeg
Views: 3011
Size:  85.0 KB

That color combo sounds pretty awesome! However, I would go with gloss black on the engine bay. Dirt and scratches show very easily on satin and matte paints/finishes. I know you probably don't plan on dirt and scratches but they will show up eventually unless it became a dedicated show car.
      1965 Buick Skylark Sport Coupe V8, Two Door Hardtop - Project
      2014 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic - Daily

definitively don't want it to be a show car, that's why I sold my last one because it was too much of a show car, I felt bad every time I got a nick or a scratch and didn't use it because of that. I thought satin was more forgiving with the showing of scratches and such

My vote is for satin.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com