Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hardcore 69 for track and AutoX

I am building (with lots of pro help) a '69 Camaro for SCCA CAM T, GoodGuys AutoX and Ultimate Street Car. The car is a Ex-CA car that was an old drag car. Full fabricated frame with suspension I have designed. The rear is a quick change and the rear suspension is a Satchell link design. Currently has 61% anti-squat with roll understeer but is tunable to neutral to oversteer. Power will be from a 433 LS with eight throttle intake. EFI from Motec. It will have NASCAR brakes from AP. Eventually I want to add the BOSCH Motorsports ABS. I plant to use all the Carbon parts possible (doors, hood, deck). Lexan windows except for the windshield. I hope to have the car under 3000lbs wet. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Name:  IMG_6123.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  469.6 KBName:  IMG_6124.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  451.4 KBName:  IMG_6125.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  355.3 KB

For those that are interested: A Stachell link rear suspension is a variation of a 4 link. "There are basically five factors that have a major impact on how the car performs, they are roll center height, roll steer, side view swing arm length, anti-lift and anti-squat. How all of these factors are simultaneously controlled is the issue of how the links are arranged."

The swing arm length for this design is 95.8" which is longer than typical torque arm suspension. This design has 61.9% anti-squat.Name:  SLRS.PNG
Views: 205
Size:  37.3 KB

Very cool! I’m so jealous. What software are you using to design your suspension?

The Plot you see was done in an Excel spread sheet. I also have code in Matlab which does loaded and unloaded kinematics for front and rear suspensions.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com