Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Thanks guys!

Here’s the link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neoprene-EP...4AAOSwCKdfjgO8

It’s really cheap considering you get over 230sq ft which is way more than enough. The whole roll weighs maybe 30lbs. It’s very easy to work with because it can be stretched in multiple directions and it comes with the glue on one side so you don’t have to deal with any messy glue. This material is 1/8” thick and that’s what’s recommended to use from soundeadenershowdown. They also recommend to double it up on the floor and firewall. This material also acts as a heat barrier according to soundeadenershowdown. At this stage the car feels totally different. The butyl layer that we all use made it sound less hollow when I slam the door. But with this material basically almost everywhere the car feels really solid. When I slam the door, all you hear is the latch closing and that’s it.

I’m currently finishing up the Mass loaded vinyl layer and luckily saved the backing paper from the CCF to use as a template for the MLV this is making the project go much faster as you don’t need templates for the cutouts. MLV is much harder to work with because it’s very dense and bends only in one direction at a time. Also the glue I’m using HH-66 is very messy and smelly (like acetone). I’m probably getting high from it LOL.
      So ,you're laying the MLV right over the CCF? Hmmmm, yeah, it will be new car quiet inside I'm sure!! I'll have to check that sound deadener showdown site out and do some reading. Thanks Joe, it's looking awesome

John Rodko
      69 RS/SS Camaro.
      Heidts Pro G IRS w/ 3:90 gear, Heidts Pro G front
      6.0L LQ4 to be TT
      6 speed or 4L80E, that is the question..hmmm
      Future plans for full TMI interior

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com