Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I'll be honest I really like the style, but I still think that they look too big. The trouble with all the modern side mirrors that most are very large and to me look out of place on older cars. Have you tried looking at something like a touring motorcycle's mirrors? They would have that style, but proportionally smaller.

BTW, what is the orange car next to yours??

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

I agree the style is good but it's just to big in my opinion.

I’m still waiting for the Cruze mirrors, they should have come today but now they are scheduled for tomorrow. Honestly, I think the old style mirrors are too small, there’s got to be something in between! I also really want the turn signal in the mirror. Also the Camry mirrors have an option for blind spot monitoring which I think I can make work.

The orange car is my Mclaren 720s, good catch Ryan! Let me know if you wanna see more pics of it.

Name:  9FEBE452-230C-4859-A40A-DBF068EC140D.jpeg
Views: 840
Size:  652.3 KBName:  8D01ED29-5A4E-44A1-98D7-527C2AB66F13.jpeg
Views: 857
Size:  953.0 KB

Just a option. I got these from a place called yogisinc.com They have a cool catalog with alot of specialty parts. They have the same mirror with turn signals. They have several styles oval square etc. I really like mine. Let me know if u need some better pics.Name:  20210313_102119.jpeg
Views: 856
Size:  34.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      The orange car is my Mclaren 720s, good catch Ryan! Let me know if you wanna see more pics of it.
      Of course we do! Oh BTW, my other car is a Mclaren 720s. No big deal, haha. You're the man!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Of course we do! Oh BTW, my other car is a Mclaren 720s. No big deal, haha. You're the man!!
      I was thinking the same thing. Lol

Finally got the Cruze mirror in. It’s going to be closer to the body obviously by about 1/2” maybe.

If you guys had to pick between the 2, which would it be?

Name:  06D3E04A-0D96-444B-89B0-D5A40B61B50A.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  371.1 KBName:  A5A540A5-E949-4179-B27A-AE42F3A68AA1.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  394.1 KB

Never mentioned it, cause it’s not Protouring related. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure:
      Attached Images Attached Images        

I kinda like how the crease in the first mirror mimics the car's existing body lines, and personally always felt that a larger mirror is better than a smaller one seeing as the purpose of a mirror is to help you make sure you aren't driving into someone else. But, you won't go wrong with either of them, both look like they'll fit the looks of the car well.

If either does look too large, a little creative painting can help minimize the size, like perhaps painting the bottom third black and dragging it up the outside or something. Tell a good painter what you want and they can likely paint the mirror in a way that disguises its size.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I kinda like how the crease in the first mirror mimics the car's existing body lines, and personally always felt that a larger mirror is better than a smaller one seeing as the purpose of a mirror is to help you make sure you aren't driving into someone else. But, you won't go wrong with either of them, both look like they'll fit the looks of the car well.

If either does look too large, a little creative painting can help minimize the size, like perhaps painting the bottom third black and dragging it up the outside or something. Tell a good painter what you want and they can likely paint the mirror in a way that disguises its size.

Yes, agreed, I also think the first mirror mimics the body line. However, the 2nd mirror looks more like the bullet style that most people use on the 1st gen. Decisions

That Mclaren 720s is amazing! Such a cool car. Thanks for sharing some pics.

I agree, of the two mirrors you had, I like the first one from the Camry.

These are from a sedan so they might be smaller? See if you can find a car in your town to actually see them in person before you buy, auto trader, used car lot.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/27419559720...YAAOSwbSJeGI25
      https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rrors&_sacat=0

Body crease might pose a problem unless your body man can work his magic.

Quote Originally Posted by slazisme View Post
      These are from a sedan so they might be smaller? See if you can find a car in your town to actually see them in person before you buy, auto trader, used car lot.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/27419559720...YAAOSwbSJeGI25
      https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rrors&_sacat=0

Body crease might pose a problem unless your body man can work his magic.
      yeah I’ve seen those. They are huge. Larger than the Lexus ones I originally chose. I went with the Camry ones. Ordered the drivers side. I also figured out the wiring in case anyone is interested in doing this as well let me know.

X2 on the first mirror. The body line on it matches better than the second one. Beautiful McLaren also love the color

That Mclaren 720s is amazing! Such a cool car. Thanks for sharing some pics.

I agree, of the two mirrors you had, I like the first one from the Camry.
      Thanks Ryan, the Mclaren is crazy fast and the tech is amazing, it’s like a bucket list car. Something I always wanted now I’ve had it for 2 years, enjoyed it, and it’s time to move on. I plan on selling it in the spring. Luckily, with COVID car prices have increased so I’ll actually make money on a car.

Also, through this build, and my ownership of my previous 67 Camaro, I’m more of a muscle car guy anyway. Additionally, I like tinkering with things and I LOVE and am so proud that I can say I built this MYSELF! That’s what this community is all about, sharing what we have built to inspire others to do the same.

Thats exactly how I feel. A car you build gives pride. When someone says nice car it really makes you feel good knowing you built it. Have you decided on a color yet

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      Thats exactly how I feel. A car you build gives pride. When someone says nice car it really makes you feel good knowing you built it. Have you decided on a color yet
      I really wanted the Mazda soul crystal red metallic, but this is a tricoat and everyone who I spoke to told me to stay away from tricoats. So I think I settled on an Acura color called Performance Red Pearl. It’s available on the TLX and MDX, it really comes to life in the sun with a lot of sparkle and has a similar flop (dark on vertical surfaces and lighter in horizontal) to a tricoat or candy.

I was pretty set on on black strips on the hood and side like my previous 67 Camaro, but now I’m having second thoughts because my 69 has hood vents and I’m thinking hood vents black and black strips on the hood may be too much. So I was thinking just doing the hockey stripes on the sides in black.

This was my 67 Camaro, I was thinking the reverse of this paint scheme with strips. Do you guys think it’ll look good even with black hood vents? Or too much and just go with hockey strips?
      Attached Images Attached Images    

That color will look awesome. The tricoats have some amazing looks but matching them can be very difficult. I think that stripe pattern with the vents would look really good.

I partially like the Camry mirrors. I like the "line" on them, sorta go along with the body line of the car, and I do not think they are too big. What looks odd is the chrome accent on the under side, or is that a turn signal indicator? That parts looks odd to me.

Edit: I like the Camry mirror better than the cruze ones.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      I partially like the Camry mirrors. I like the "line" on them, sorta go along with the body line of the car, and I do not think they are too big. What looks odd is the chrome accent on the under side, or is that a turn signal indicator? That parts looks odd to me.

Edit: I like the Camry mirror better than the cruze ones.
      The Camry mirrors do have a chrome accent which leads to the turn signal. I plan to have the side mirrors painted gloss black and was thinking to have the chrome accent painted red to match the car. If that doesn’t look nice, I’ll have it painted black as well.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com