Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register



    Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Results 221 to 240 of 276
    1. #221
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,043
      Country Flag: United States
      Gauges look great Joe. You do nice work.

      Don

      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain


    2. #222
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      Thanks guys! I was really worried that the 2 1/16Ē gauges wouldnít fit in the space. But they did with zero space left. Crazy how things work out sometimes. Yes they are speedhut gauges. They say on their website it takes 5 weeks, but I received them in less than 3 even with custom printing.

      I also used the stock zl1 intercooler pump and bracket. Itís a really well made piece because of the rubber surround, the pump is basically floating in rubber, when the pump is on it transmits zero vibrations. Anyway, I mounted it on the drivers side frame. Hereís some pics for reference. I believe I had to reclock the pump on the bracket so that it could face in the direction I wanted.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    3. #223
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Merewether
      Posts
      43
      Country Flag: Australia
      Loving the MB interior and the drivetrain choice.

    4. #224
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      466
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Thanks guys! I was really worried that the 2 1/16Ē gauges wouldnít fit in the space. But they did with zero space left. Crazy how things work out sometimes. Yes they are speedhut gauges. They say on their website it takes 5 weeks, but I received them in less than 3 even with custom printing.

      I also used the stock zl1 intercooler pump and bracket. Itís a really well made piece because of the rubber surround, the pump is basically floating in rubber, when the pump is on it transmits zero vibrations. Anyway, I mounted it on the drivers side frame. Hereís some pics for reference. I believe I had to reclock the pump on the bracket so that it could face in the direction I wanted.
      Perfect. Thanks for the info
      Doug L.
      68 RS/SS Conv. DSE/Ridetech and LSA/T56 rebuild in progress
      67 RS Coupe LS2/T56 named "NutKse"

    5. #225
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,291
      Country Flag: United States
      Those gauges look killer man! I love your out of the box thinking with that. It looks like a modern interpretation of the 67-68 gauge surround. Can't wait to see more.


      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE
      1976 T/A LS1, 6 Speed, C5 front brakes, and etc. SOLD

    6. #226
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Those gauges look killer man! I love your out of the box thinking with that. It looks like a modern interpretation of the 67-68 gauge surround. Can't wait to see more.
      Thanks Ryan! I agree, itís all coming together and really looks like it all belongs. The new Mercedes interior design is very retro.

    7. #227
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      I also ordered some turn signal indicators to go in the cluster:
      Alpinetech PLB12MS 12mm 1/2" 12v LED Metal Signal Indicator Pilot Dash Light (Single Arrow (Green)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8G1VZJ...G7W9YCRA6SZY58

      High beams:
      Alpinetech PLB12MS 12mm 1/2" 12v LED Metal Signal Indicator Pilot Dash Light (High Beam Indicator) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722Q4Q7H...2KYCK2C4PGNKPH

      And of course a check engine light:
      Alpinetech PLB12MS 12mm 1/2" 12V LED Metal Signal Indicator Pilot Dash Light (Check Engine) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D848HV1...YX64P0E0TPQ7FW

    8. #228
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      Not much of an update, but I have been wrapping up all the wiring. I also finished the gauge pod. It came out great. Iím super happy with it. Looks very oem.

      I think Iím going to have the interior guy come make door panels, recover the dash and glue in the iPad holder so that they will be all ready after the car gets painted. I also donít want anything to get scratched. I know most people do interior last so we will see what the interior guys say.

      Name:  D57B36BD-05DD-4122-8E55-39EAC319E2DE.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  193.6 KB

      Name:  AA3FDB2F-9A63-4BD0-9E04-C1AAE0B6AC90.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  231.0 KB

    9. #229
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,291
      Country Flag: United States
      That looks great man! I loved the Speedhut gauges that I had in my 1976 T/A, and they look right at home in that cluster. Do you plan on using those butt crimp terminals or is that for testing? If you were planning on using those butt terminals for good, I'd suggest using non-insulated seamless barrel terminals with a high quality shrink tube instead. Or better yet, do something like a Delphi GT 150 connector so that you can quickly disconnect if needed.


      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE
      1976 T/A LS1, 6 Speed, C5 front brakes, and etc. SOLD

    10. #230
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      I was planning to use them for good. They are only in turn signal, high beam and Check engine light. Why do you not recommend them?

    11. #231
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,043
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      That looks great man! I loved the Speedhut gauges that I had in my 1976 T/A, and they look right at home in that cluster. Do you plan on using those butt crimp terminals or is that for testing? If you were planning on using those butt terminals for good, I'd suggest using non-insulated seamless barrel terminals with a high quality shrink tube instead. Or better yet, do something like a Delphi GT 150 connector so that you can quickly disconnect if needed.
      X2 on those butt connectors. They can be unreliable. Non insulated seamless with high quality sealing heat shrink is the way to go as recommended above. Or a quality connector.

      Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain

    12. #232
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Winchester, KY
      Posts
      95
      Country Flag: United States
      Just now zipped through your project and about the same time started on mine, and you definitely went deeper and more creative! Cool!

    13. #233
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      Name:  D51B9AED-F833-4B80-9493-32BF833C13E1.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  429.9 KBName:  E1018494-4AEF-4B01-A40C-89AA54E62404.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  463.6 KBFinally found a painter. Sheís all put together, just waiting for my turn.

    14. #234
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      1,295
      Country Flag: United States
      Who did you wind up going with?

    15. #235
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,514
      Country Flag: United States
      The gauges look great! Congratulations on finding a painter.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    16. #236
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      Thanks guys! Hereís the gauges mounted and the color scheme of the interior Iím going for. I also a ordered the BMW 4 series door panels so the interior guy can utilize the door pulls, door handles, trim, speaker grills, etc.

      Name:  B1277E87-080D-41CD-94A4-30426F349EE5.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  355.9 KBName:  F4AAF5E3-CE90-4FAB-ACF6-F4D32CC9D56F.jpeg
Views: 501
Size:  633.7 KBName:  FD143B4D-99C3-4880-A4B9-DB130975A4DD.jpeg
Views: 490
Size:  744.4 KB

    17. #237
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      636
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Whatís the correct orientation of the inner wheel well supports?

      This is drivers side outside:

      Attachment 189696


      This is passenger side outside:

      Attachment 189695

      Is the bracket supposed to mount to the outside of the firewall support (facing tire) or the inside firewall support (facing engine)?
      I thought the same thing when mine return to from paint shop because I didn't know. Los correct and your build is awesome.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro build
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    18. #238
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      I thought the same thing when mine return to from paint shop because I didn't know. Los correct and your build is awesome.
      Jason
      Thanks Jason! The orientation is so weird, once you get the inner fender on, those bolts are inaccessible from the drivers side. Why would they do that?

    19. #239
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,291
      Country Flag: United States
      Killer job on the interior man. The custom stuff is so nice.


      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE
      1976 T/A LS1, 6 Speed, C5 front brakes, and etc. SOLD

    20. #240
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      635
      As I impatiently wait for my car to be painted, I took a look at the side mirror again, everyone who sees them says the same thing. They are too big for the car. So my hunt continued. I just fit these, they are out of a 18-21 Camry. They are smaller than the Lexus ones I had and seems to look more aggressive as well. I also like that they have little dimples on them, again look more aggressive. What do you guys think?

      I also ordered a set from a Corolla and a Chevy Cruze, they should be coming in by the end of the week.

      Let me know your thoughts.

      Name:  2E892F84-EC2B-4B9A-A833-7D014D4ECB7A.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  317.4 KBName:  4AA41085-EAD0-4751-911E-3DC38A27439C.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  447.5 KB

    Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast