Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      I was corner working a VARA race at Willow a couple years back, and a Falcon-chero like this was running (it may have been this car.) Made lots of noise and lots of speed. Swung by their paddock on Saturday night before too much beer was consumed.

forgive me if my memory isn't what it once was, but as I remember it...
      It was a tube chassis car not a pan car, The base was a regional truck series chassis, like ARCA Truck, but I think they said it ran at Irwindale. I think they said it was originally skinned as an S10, ran the series spec motor a SBC if I remember correctly. The Falcon tin was dropped on the chassis, and I think it retained the S10 windscreen, side window openings, etc.

Only thing that was missing was the lawnmower handlebars coming out of the bed cover .

Or maybe too much beer had been consumed and I was dreamin' this.

After posting this I went looking.
      http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,590725

Looks like my memory is in pretty good shape (although I didn't think it was that long ago).

In the first picture, the green building above the head of the guy on the left is the Budwieser tower in T4, I was flagging T3, a climbing LH. Looks like an open A/Production field
      Great memory! I can definitely see the S10 in the top half. I just want to know who built the fiberglass because it would be sweet to get a front clip made for my car. Thanks for the additional info!
      1963 Ford Falcon
      -331 Stroker Motor 450hp, 2700lbs
      2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by NorthFalcon View Post
      Great memory! I can definitely see the S10 in the top half. I just want to know who built the fiberglass because it would be sweet to get a front clip made for my car. Thanks for the additional info!
      If you want to try a longshot-

Jeanette Bourke is the VARA General Manager, (800) 280-8272. Give her a call and reference the February 2013 event @ Willow Springs, and ask her to look at the entries for a Falconchero in A/B production or maybe Trans Am. She may be willing to look and find the entry and be wiling to contact them to see if they are willing to talk to you.

Don't know if they're willing to talk to you unless you ask.

And git on up to Willow or Buttonwillow for some of the vintage races $10 (may have gone up over the years) gets you a gate pass for a day, including paddock pass, and the opportunity to pay way too much for food and beer (No beer sales in the paddock/front straight diner until the track goes cold at the end of the day.) There's usually grandstand seating @ T1 and T4, you can see all the way to Lancaster from the Bud Balcony. Not exactly Pro-Touring, but good fun to watch old race cars in their natural habitat, turning gasoline into noise and smoke. No need to save petroleum for our children and grandchildren- They'd just waste it
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Went out to goodguys Del Mar this past weekend and had a great time. I ended up corner balancing it a few weeks ago with Bryce of "project blueprint". Bryce is a wealth of knowledge and able to get me on the right track for future tuning. Before corner balancing it, I put in 550# springs, probably a little overkill for most autocross events but for the small track at goodguys events I think it worked out well for me. I wasn't the fastest in street machine but felt really good about being mid-pack and faster than some of the shop cars that were out there. I need to work on brake bias a little because the second day the rear would lock up and created a e-brake effect. Maybe helped in some corners but overall made me slower. One other issue I ran into was with the Holley sniper efi. On one of the last runs of the first day I noticed the o2 sensor stopped working and said "unplugged". This is just one of the many issues I have encountered with the system. A call to Holley and they of course want to blame the o2 sensor going bad on me. Pretty ridiculous. Either way the car run pretty good for the remainder of the weekend despite not having the o2 sensor hooked up. Anyway here are a few photos, and a few videos my dad took. My fastest run, and a fun run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ie0NprFuRs
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgqt2Cpfh4
      1963 Ford Falcon

Went out to goodguys Del Mar this past weekend and had a great time. I ended up corner balancing it a few weeks ago with Bryce of "project blueprint". Bryce is a wealth of knowledge and able to get me on the right track for future tuning. Before corner balancing it, I put in 550# springs, probably a little overkill for most autocross events but for the small track at goodguys events I think it worked out well for me. I wasn't the fastest in street machine but felt really good about being mid-pack and faster than some of the shop cars that were out there. I need to work on brake bias a little because the second day the rear would lock up and created a e-brake effect. Maybe helped in some corners but overall made me slower. One other issue I ran into was with the Holley sniper efi. On one of the last runs of the first day I noticed the o2 sensor stopped working and said "unplugged". This is just one of the many issues I have encountered with the system. A call to Holley and they of course want to blame the o2 sensor going bad on me. Pretty ridiculous. Either way the car run pretty good for the remainder of the weekend despite not having the o2 sensor hooked up. Anyway here are a few photos, and a few videos my dad took. My fastest run, and a fun run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ie0NprFuRs
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgqt2Cpfh4
      What was your fastest time? Good to finally meet you!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

I ended up doing a 53.905. Ended up 15th but happy with this considering the level of cars at the top of the pack. Also I have only really driven this car on the street.

http://goodguysautocross.com/SM.php
      (Don't know how long that link will work.)
      1963 Ford Falcon

Car looks great and O2 sensors do go bad. This is why it is recommended that O2 compensation limits be set lower once a good tune is achieved. It's also good to drive around in open loop once the base fuel map is tuned well, to confirm the tune. Of course you should always have a backup of the last known good tune, so it can be loaded, closed loop disabled, while waiting for a new O2 sensor.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Nice progress.

I ended up doing a 53.905. Ended up 15th but happy with this considering the level of cars at the top of the pack. Also I have only really driven this car on the street.

http://goodguysautocross.com/SM.php
      (Don't know how long that link will work.)
      That’s awesome! Your car was moving.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Car looks great and O2 sensors do go bad. This is why it is recommended that O2 compensation limits be set lower once a good tune is achieved. It's also good to drive around in open loop once the base fuel map is tuned well, to confirm the tune. Of course you should always have a backup of the last known good tune, so it can be loaded, closed loop disabled, while waiting for a new O2 sensor.

Andrew
      Are you directly referring to sniper efi? When I spoke to Holley they didn't indicate that I should permanently disable closed loop. How long do you think it really takes to establish a good map?
      1963 Ford Falcon

Are you directly referring to sniper efi? When I spoke to Holley they didn't indicate that I should permanently disable closed loop. How long do you think it really takes to establish a good map?
      I never said to permanently disable closed loop either. Read what I wrote. I think it doesn't take very long to get the base fuel table sorted out pretty well, as long as you are driving under a variety of conditions. I also know that unless you're tuning with a laptop, you will never get optimal results.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I never said to permanently disable closed loop either. Read what I wrote. I think it doesn't take very long to get the base fuel table sorted out pretty well, as long as you are driving under a variety of conditions. I also know that unless you're tuning with a laptop, you will never get optimal results.

Andrew
      I really need to do some research on tuning. I have tried to read the Holley forum but its mostly littered with one Holley tech littering the forum with links to the manual. It doesn't help that the menus and option are not very intuitive.
      1963 Ford Falcon

I really need to do some research on tuning. I have tried to read the Holley forum but its mostly littered with one Holley tech littering the forum with links to the manual. It doesn't help that the menus and option are not very intuitive.
      Holley has an excellent tuning manual. I suggest you read it a couple of times from cover to cover before attempting to make changes.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Been a while since an update: Dropped a few pounds with a fiberglass hood, Went with satin black. I think I like it.

Started working on a new gauge cluster, most likely will order autometer gauges but I'm also considering the Holley 7 inch screen as I can tune the sniper with out a computer.

Installed new doug's headers with the hope that they would fit better than the hedmans I had before. Well, I guess they fit tighter to the body so now I can lower the car more. As far as fitment, they hit virtually everything, upper control arm bolts, steering box, pitman arm, frame rails. If you've ever put headers on a falcon or early mustang you know how fun they are.

After I installed the headers I took it to RPM in Oceanside, Ca where they fabbed up a custom dual exit side pipe exhaust with dual flowmasters and an x pipe. It sounds awesome but it is definitely louder. I started a retune on the sniper and the car is super responsive and feels like its making some more power. Of course after driving it more, more issues arise. Another O2 sensor went bad so I bought a oem bosch sensor and hoping to have better luck with it.

I replaced all the tie rods in the front end and aligned it, and now the car feels way tighter. I still need to figure out a driveline vibration issue. I fabricated a new transmission cross member to help driveline angle but I am still having a vibration around 90mph after adjusting the rearend. I'm thinking that the transmission/engine are out of square with the rearend. Definitely have more stuff on the list to get the car where I want to but I'm really happy with how the car is driving.

Also my dad picked up another project, 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger, Demon I think it indicates it has a whopping 230hp.
      1963 Ford Falcon

The car looks great.
      I just finishing up installing a Tilton pedal box with the masters under the dash. The original plan was to have the masters in the engine compartment but ended up with collision issue with the Ecoboost head.

Hi what is the length of your rear end? i have a 63 falcon hardtop and i am planning to use a 9 inch off of a 70 mach 1. I want to make sure i cut it to a proper length to accommodate the same wheels and tires you have. Could you also provide the wheel size, width and backspacing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com