Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Goodguys columbus - in car video

Rodney and I were able to take a few passengers for rides this last weekend at the Columbus Goodguys event. I only got four runs timed (out of a possible 5) due to the number of cars participating (80+) and the fact that the course ran about sixty-five seconds on average. We still had a great time of course, enjoying friends from the Midwest that we don't see as often as we'd like. Passengers were pretty tame this time!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NYApE6iyUWOdMh

Thanks to Photobucket, you'll have to go to YouTube to see the videos but they're quick and give a great view of the track so you won't be disappointed. I'll get the pictures processed and post them soon enough.
      Last edited by Trackside-Suzy; 07-13-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Wow! You really whipped that thing around the turns. Looks like you have the car dialed in.
      I know GG courses are tight, but man, that one seemed extra tight!
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

It wasn't as bad as Nashville and some of the West Coast courses but it was far from wide open. I actually didn't mind the track as much as I minded the in-between gear part of it. Riding the rev limiter so much gets unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackside-Suzy View Post
      It wasn't as bad as Nashville and some of the West Coast courses but it was far from wide open. I actually didn't mind the track as much as I minded the in-between gear part of it. Riding the rev limiter so much gets unnerving.
      It's also been a while since I've been on a GG course. Always an adjustment at first.

Oh yeah I noticed that--winding out first gear on the straighter section--kinda in between gears for a little bit.

What speed does your first gear top out at?
      My TKO600 and 3.42s get me to 46 mph at 6k rpm--which is usually plenty for GG course (the FL events in 2014 and 2015 anyways--only GG I've attended) and my 2nd gets me to 70 which is usually good for normal autoX.
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com