Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Procharger LS Transplant kit in 68 camaro with AC and Speedtech Subframe

I have a 68 camaro equipped with LS6, Speedtech Subframe, Corvette accessories drive and AC compressor is mounted on the passenger side via bracket from Kwik Performance.

I am interested in installing a procharger kit and wondering if anyone has done this install a first gen with A/C mounted on top, passenger with Speedtech Subframe. I have looked up in google, unfortunatelly could not have any luck finding pics or at least or anybody did this install with a similar set up.

Will appreciate receiving some input on that.
      Thanks!
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Where is your alternator? Do you have power steering? I am using the transplant kit.... but it puts the alt where you have your ac. If no ps you may be able to put the alt there with a custom bracket.

Thanks for the reply. I am using the C5 corvette accessory drive where it puts the alternator on the driver side. Yes I do have power steering as well. The A/C compressor also mounted on passenger side, uppor side.

I have seen Vortech LS swap kit which puts the head unit on the passenger side. This means the A/C compressor has to be mounted at the bottom side.
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Country Flag: Canada
      Was this ever done? I've been looking for some photos of it as well but haven't seen any besides a video on youtube but the hood was off and it looks like it could have questionable hood clearance

Old post but looking for similar info. Have a D1sc to add to an LS2 and need to figure out the bracket setup. Emailed Procharger but haven't heard back. Anybody know of a bracket system that works. Using basically same drive setup. If needed I would replace it all if a good system is out there.
      Doug L.
      68 RS/SS Conv. LSA/T56.
      67 RS Coupe LS2/T56 named "NutKse"

Contact Bob at brute speed. Website is good for finding brackets and parts. Good to deal with and gets back pretty quick.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com