Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Retrofitting a 2015 Mustang Power Seat

Got a power seat out of a 2015 Mustang on recommendation from another forum (don't remember which one) that said the Ford seats were easy to install, as all they needed was 12v.

Well, of course, it's easier said than done. Anyone retrofit a 2015 Mustang power seat into their car? If so -what are the wiring connections?

SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Beautiful. Now, my seat is a memory seat with the DSM (Drivers Seat Module). Is there any chance of getting this to work? Seems like I would have been much better off getting a seat without memory, as the switches are direct wired.

Anyone use this seat?

If the seat has the memory module and you are not wanting to retain this and the seat is wired with an original low amperage switching, I have before in the past used existing switches once I've identified what wires connect and disconnect from each other in the different switch positions and then wire the switch to aftermarket relays to then send the proper power/grounds to the seat motors. When I have done this I have to use a meter to verify things on the switch but the switches wiring cannot be connected to anything else or you might get the wrong readings.

Jim

Well, I had to give up on the original seat that I bought. I found a vendor willing to trade me my memory lower seat track for a non-memory seat track. Did the swap, and now it's a simple 12v connection to get the seat to move. LESSSON LEARNED: Do not use memory seats in a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTouringCuda View Post
      Well, I had to give up on the original seat that I bought. I found a vendor willing to trade me my memory lower seat track for a non-memory seat track. Did the swap, and now it's a simple 12v connection to get the seat to move. LESSSON LEARNED: Do not use memory seats in a classic.
      Now, I'm trying to get the climate controls to work. Has anyone got any experience wiring these up?

I'm currently in the process of wiring up some Cadillac CTS seats. The driver's seat has memory but in the schematics you can simply disregard the 4 wires that pertain to the memory functions. All 5 of the electric motors have potentiometers on them but can either simply be disregarded or taking off as it is for the memory.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com