Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

70 Camaro sbc header styles

I have a 406 w/ AFR heads in a 70 camaro with Dynatech headers. My complaint with these headers is the lack of room between header tube and spark plug boots.

What kind of headers are you other 2nd gen sbc owners running and what do you like or dislike about them ?

Thanks
      Mike

I'm old, gray hair, balding, and retired, and I'm still wrenching on cars. I thought wisdom came with old age.

70 Camaro, 406 sb, 6spd, 4:10 gear, BMR Suspension

I have a 1979 Z-28 RS Camaro Pro Touring car. It has a Supercharged small block Chevy ,with Eldelbrock Performer RPM aluminum cylinder heads. With Doug Thorley "big tube " headers. And they fit quite well .I use MSD 8MM wires .I have a small issue with # 5 cylinder boot .But I use a small piece if thermo sleeve to keep it from burning, I have use Headman .and Hookers headers .And the Thorley fit the best Then the Hookers..
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Country Flag: United States
      i have heard no complaints about those headers in a 70 camaro maybe you have the wrong ones part ####

http://nastyz28.com/threads/good-header-reviews.258924/

My 2 main plug issues are #7 & 8. In fact I can barely get the boot onto #7. I have gone to the thermal boot protectors on these plugs. I see one difference from what you guys are running is my heads have the straight in plugs vs angle plugs. Angles would diffinently work better. I also managed to burn the coating off my headers due to a retarded timing issue during restart after cam change. Looking to replace or have recoated. Just thought If anything else would fit better. Other than the plug issues these due fit pretty good. Have a slight clearance issue with my old style T56 with the slave cylinder being awful close to the collector. I think I'll put insulate wrap on this to protect it.

Thanks guys
      Mike

I'm old, gray hair, balding, and retired, and I'm still wrenching on cars. I thought wisdom came with old age.

70 Camaro, 406 sb, 6spd, 4:10 gear, BMR Suspension

My heads are straight plug heads. With big tube headers. And I use MSD wires with 90 degree ends, I use a little WD-40 to slip it on.the spark plug. .You could trim the end of the boot slightly to get them on there ,Then there are the ACCEL "shorty"spark plugs for another way .
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      I run american racing headers on my sbc. Love them
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com