Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Finland

tr6060 reverse solenoid

Hi, im in the middle of swap and going to road test in next week or so. I have original ecu and wiring in place and just curious that will the lock out solenoid work or do i need to make wiring to get my reverse on? I have not tried it yet and this came up in my mind... I do not have any clutch switches etc on my car.

Does the ecu control the solenoid or do i need clutch switch also?

If i need wiring to make it work can someone tell me how to hook them up? Is it +12 volts to the other wire or does it need ground to work?

I have e38 ecu and engine and trans are from 2013 camaro

Country Flag: United States
      The solenoid needs both power and ground to activate, which will allow you to get into reverse easier. I don't know what you mean by this:

"I have original ecu and wiring in place"

Are you saying that you have a E38 from a 2013 Camaro? Was there a plug for the reverse solenoid on your harness? If you have the VSS and the solenoid wired to the ECU, I think it should work. Stock programming energizes the RLS below 5 mph.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

Are you saying that you have a E38 from a 2013 Camaro? Was there a plug for the reverse solenoid on your harness? If you have the VSS and the solenoid wired to the ECU, I think it should work. Stock programming energizes the RLS below 5 mph.

Andrew

Thats what i ment, so it should be working correctly then gonna test it tomorrow!

the reverse is a real bitch to put on...i have to use force to get. Sometimes it goes smoothly and sometimes its really hard to get it on reverse. I have skip shift eliminator in place, could that do something?

I just wired my reverse solenoid to my brake lights. Meaning I have to have my foot on the brake before I can put the car into reverse. Works really good though!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I wired my reverse lock out to a momentary button in my shift knob. I depress and hold the button with my thumb while shifting to reverse, works great. The solenoid needs +12v and a ground to actuate. I know a lot of people wire the solenoid to the brakes but that causes the solenoid to be activated every time you depress the brake pedal regardless of whether you are shifting to reverse or not.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I wired my reverse lock out to a momentary button on the shift knob. I depress and hold the button with my thumb while shifting to reverse, works great. The solenoid needs +12v and a ground to actuate. I know a lot of people wire the solenoid to the brakes but that causes the solenoid to be activated every time you depress the brake pedal regardless of whether you are shifting to reverse or not.
      that kind off button system is really cool! Gonna fab something like that also! Thanks for the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      I just wired my reverse solenoid to my brake lights. Meaning I have to have my foot on the brake before I can put the car into reverse. Works really good though!
      I did that at first. It activates the rlo solenoid too much, and going 6 to 5 in cases like coming off the highway it would allow a shift miss with associated grinding. Now i have a momentary switch under the dash.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by timopajala View Post
      that kind off button system is really cool! Gonna fab something like that also! Thanks for the info!!
      Here is the shift knob I'm using but just do a search for "Line Lock shift knob" and you will come up with tons of shift knobs with buttons.

https://www.speeddawg.com/pro-white-...ck-nos-button/
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

After Steve told me about this, I think I may have to go this route as well.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I wired mine into the brake switch with a toggle switch in series mounted to the console. Toggle switch must be on and brake pedal pressed to shift into reverse.
      Duane
      '74 AMC Javelin AMX

not to hijack the thread or change the subject, but what kind of car is this going in? just wondering because of the lack of a slip joint on the tr6060

it is already in my 1967 camaro and driveshaft is custom made with sonnax adapter and build in slip yoke.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I wired my reverse lock out to a momentary button in my shift knob. I depress and hold the button with my thumb while shifting to reverse, works great. The solenoid needs +12v and a ground to actuate. I know a lot of people wire the solenoid to the brakes but that causes the solenoid to be activated every time you depress the brake pedal regardless of whether you are shifting to reverse or not.
      Hey Steve, Just got my shift knob in this morning. I would've had it on by I was too busy baby sitting my grand son. That's ok though.

Carl Wilson

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com