• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      question what wheels are on the nova?

The Nova has BForged wheels on it.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Getting back to the truck project you can see where we're headed with the steering column and firewall to support the ExtReme chassis and LT4 package. This thing's going to be a sweet driver!

We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

This is going to be a great looking truck!

Wow love the rendering other then the grille a bit. But in general it looks like a great build up...Even with the LT4 in it. Im interested to see how the interior turns out and how you integrate that console! I have a 55 f100 ive been working on but its no where near this, as we did a CV front suspensions and are going 302/4r70w and well im a novice. Good to see some ideas though and keep up the great work.

Thanks guys. Here you can see the mods necessary to run a modern transmission and enough engine set back. As mentioned this truck is getting fitted with an 8 speed transmission which is really tall compared to other GM automatics. Even so, the height of the tunnel isn't too obtrusive and will make for a nice base for a custom console.

Working through some more fab work on the interior, we had to rebuild the window opening so that it accommodated the flush mount glass and looked good on the inside.

We're using late model Mustang GT seats which have all kinds of cool gizmos built it which we plan to have remain functional pic shows the bottom of the seat. To get these seats sitting right Jeremy's currently working on custom seat mounts. More coming...

Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 12-19-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
      Working through some more fab work on the interior, we had to rebuild the window opening so that it accommodated the flush mount glass and looked good on the inside.

We're using late model Mustang GT seats which have all kinds of cool gizmos built it which we plan to have remain functional. To get these seats sitting right Jeremy's currently working on custom seat mounts.

I used the 09 Seats in my 67 Mustang...Unfortunately using the factor brackets made them way too high so i removed them, and used spacers to use stock slidiers. Also had to adjust the side plastic but those seats are very comfortable and look great

Nice! I bet they look right at home in there, thumbs up.

I have a 62 F-100 in my driveway I keep copnsidering building. An I beam front end is terrible for everything, so I am looking for ideas!
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      I have a 62 F-100 in my driveway I keep copnsidering building. An I beam front end is terrible for everything, so I am looking for ideas!
      bring it here and we will adapt one of the chassis to fit???
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      Go with a simple Crown Vic Clip from a later model Full Size Ford. I see your are in Fontana there plenty at the pick a parts in the area.

Also check https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...to-finish.html

6'9" Nick- What are you after for your truck? Pro-Touring performance? Cool low cruiser? Both?

That 'Vic is a cool swap that lots of guys are doing these days for decent cruisers, ... no pun intended, lol. ;) I had an opportunity to help someone put one in a 60's F100, a decent amount of fab work but it came out nice.

The real advantage of an ExtReme chassis like the one going in this truck is besides a comfortable street ride you get insane optima Challenge level handling, a super low ride height with amazing ground clearance, a much more rigid chassis, 315+ mm tires up front with 30+ degrees of steering angle, super high clearance tubular control arms, a proprietary new forged tall spindle with all new engineering and geometry, C7 Corvette heavy duty bearing assemblies, a Sweet brand race bred rack and pinion steering, Corvette based caliper mounts, torque arm rear suspension with a 9" Ford rear axle built to your specs, tunable splined sway bars custom matched to your vehicle, your choice of Viking, ridetech, or JRi coilover shocks customized to your vehicle's intended use, it bolts in using factory mounting points, etc. It may not be for everyone but it's for sure the best Pro-Touring suspension you can buy.

Country Flag: Canada
      Does the steering column go through the floor in roughly the stock location? Thanks

Peter- The ExtReme frame doesn't re-use any of the factory steering components, and because the rack and pinion is so far forward from where Ford had the steering box where the column that goes through the floor has been relocated upward and to the side slightly.

We needed a few inches of clearance to fit the 335 rear tires and wanted the bed's inner fenderwells to match the contour of the outers so Jeremy built these custom inner tubs. Also seen here is we'll be using wood in the bed floor for that classy look.

Making progress on the custom bed. Smoothed, shortened, lengthened, widened, blended, and deleted are all on the menu. This truck is really headed in a cool direction!

Here's a mock up of the static ride height on coilovers at ideal height for racing geometry. We're thinking to go another 1" drop in the front since this particular truck likely won't see much racing.

At this height he'll still have full suspension travel and zero worries about frame ground clearance being too little; and no old school cutting of the floor to channel the frame either. Rolling on his 305 mm front tires it'll still clear 30 deg of steering angle too. Wicked!

Great work. I love this body style. I has real character. It looks good with that stance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com