Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1st car show in 8 years...

So I'm finally working out the bugs and my wife says to drive it to the local show. I pull up and get a great reception from all car guy types. Even the import dudes came over to check out some old/new school I had. There was only 1 other pro-touring car there. Needless to say my Charger and 1 other 69 Camaro (of course!!) stood out from about 80 cars. Guess South Houston is still catching up. Anyway, I was talking to the kids and they were in there 20's and they remarked that my car reminded them of the F&F movies. We all agreed that the acting was cheesy but the reason we see these movies was because of all the cool cars. I'm 47 and gave them a list of the cheesy movies we used to watch...Vanishing Point, Bullitt, 2-lane Blacktop etc. Same movies but cool cars. Kinda neat how the hot rod generations come full circle.
      Needless to say the newer generation has some cooler toys than what we had but they respected the old school guys also. And I'll tell you what, pro-touring REALLY attracts the crowds because the style is more rare than the store bought newer stuff and the numbers matching older stuff.

1968 Charger R/T, EFI,SC,6-speed

Country Flag: United States
      Any pictures?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com