Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 70 camaro tubs

70 camaro tubs

Where can I find rear tubs for my 70 Camaro? Detroit Speed has them for first gen models, but not second gen.

Country Flag: United States

Add sheetmetal strips

I added 4+" of sheetmetal to my stock tubs, overlapped the sheetmetal 'filler' onto the tub a bit and then welded them up completely. I also have an overlap between the loose tub and the tub part that is still on the car, that way I do not have to buttweld them, which will go a long ways towards easier fitting and welding.

The first pic shows 1 tub with the metal added. I only blasted the area that would get hot, no need to remove the relatively freshly applied undercoating. The second pic shows 1 finished tub ready to install next to 1 that did not have the metal added yet.
      Jeff
      1971 RS Camaro: PAINKILLER

jeff. i mini tub my camaro i got 3 in more room but hade to noch the frame rails by the tank i am running 18 12.5 fiske rims .if you have any questons giv me a call 214 908 2100 ,

thanks rick kirkindall

jeff , my camaro is a 73 z28 rs cover car nov 04 phr .

rick kirkindall

Not to try to hijack the thread, but Rick, do you have pictures of your car? i thought i remembered seeing it, but i was thinking you were running 17s at the time? also what tire size and backspacing are you using? thanks.

Sweet Car Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by rickk
      jeff. i mini tub my camaro i got 3 in more room but hade to noch the frame rails by the tank i am running 18 12.5 fiske rims .if you have any questons giv me a call 214 908 2100 ,

thanks rick kirkindall
      I had to notch the heck out of my frame too, so I built a 'subframe' in the trunk and welded it in place for extra security since I still have leafs. I have 19x13's with 345/30/19's, backspcaing is 9.625". Leaves me 1" clearance between frame and wheel/tire, and the outside edge fo the wheel is 1.75" inside of the outer fender edge, so no rubbing issues expected.
      Jeff

That sounds awesome, Jeff. Do you have any pics or a website? I went to your VB Garage thing, but there werent any pictures. Thanks,
      --Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko71
      That sounds awesome, Jeff. Do you have any pics or a website? I went to your VB Garage thing, but there werent any pictures. Thanks,
      --Rocky
      Try these links:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jaandr.../ph//my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jaandr.../ph//my_photos
      Jeff

Those are some great pics, Jeff. Nice work!!!

You guy's have to see Jeff's car in person. The 19's look so damn sweet on his car. After seeing them on his camaro, I dont think I would ever do anything smaller.
      -David

that is a seet car
      you did a awesome job

Thanks Guys!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I wish I could get it done...Life keeps getting in the way! Trying to finish the fuel system this month. I need the ATS AFX spindles soon, fully knowing that the wait will be worth it. I expect the car to be drivable (not legal) next year.
      Jeff

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com