Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Chris alston harness bar legal for SCCA/NASA/NMCA EVENTS???

would like to install 5 points in my 69 chevelle build but for safety not bolt to floor. also would like to avoid going all the way back to package tray for looks purposes. the alston harness bar bolts into the body. is this kosher by racing standards? https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-328...al-clevis.aspx

I don't see why it wouldn't be legal for autocross events. We ran a bolt in type harness bar for several years before stepping up to an actual cage. Road course events with SCCA and NASA might not approve of this type of bar though as it restricts movement by the driver but doesn't provide any additional protection.
      Tom Pichette

Pit crew for Valerie Pichette and her 1988 Pontiac TransAm GTA "DragonLady"

You could go to SCCA.com and read the rules about what is a legal bar and what is not? As I recall the GCR also spells out the proper mounting for a harness. I have done tech for both SCCA and NASA events and that harness bar would not be legal for competition but it would be just fine for HPDE and autocross events.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Obviously legal

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com