Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
      Quote Originally Posted by nelzturingwagin View Post
      Haha! My dad had a 1977 LTD Country Squire! I helped my dad work on the wagon also but none of it was performance oriented and I wanted to do other things if I’m being honest. I learned about cars because of those repairs and also the station wagon thing. I remember he had a Volare wagon before the LTD!
      Fantastic! Great Memories!
      I did not learn a lot of mechanics but I did learn how to do gigantic donuts...lol

Country Flag: United States
      time to search for low dust brake pads! i had a buddy with white wheels on his e36 m3 and it needed a wheel clean at every stop
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      time to search for low dust brake pads! i had a buddy with white wheels on his e36 m3 and it needed a wheel clean at every stop
      Any suggestions? The fronts are y2k cobra brembos and the rears are standard cobra. Not looking for a race compound. Just street aggressive.

I've been very happy with the PowerStop stuff on a few cars. You're looking for a carbon ceramic pad for less dust. I'd say look at the Z23 evo sport https://www.powerstop.com/product/po...ion-brake-pads or step up to the z26 extreme performance https://www.powerstop.com/product/po...or-brake-pads/.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

I gotta say I never looked at a wagon as cool, but you are changing that for me. can I vote that you lower it maybe 2 more inches? i think it would be even sexier a bit lower.
      My cougar project.

Quote Originally Posted by grambo View Post
      I gotta say I never looked at a wagon as cool, but you are changing that for me. can I vote that you lower it maybe 2 more inches? i think it would be even sexier a bit lower.
      Funny thing is it was a bit lower with Ford “B” springs up front. It looked good but it was harsh. It also scraped and dragged in certain situations. I think it’s good right now unless I make it a track only vehicle. I am not into the air suspension thing so that’s not an option right now. I do agree with you that a properly “stance’d” vehicle looks incredible but this one’s a driver.

Way cool!
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

wow, looks amazing!
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

I can't figure out the multi-quote but thanks to all of you for the compliments!

I ordered Brembo caliper decals, wheel guard wax, and a fender roller to finish off this part of the job. I have already purchased the VHT red caliper paint. The plan is red calipers behind the white wheels which are waxed to save some of the brake dust maintenance... that's the plan anyway.

I have been commuting in the Daddywagon. Mostly highway and great fun.

Love your wagon.

I just picked up this T56 for the Daddywagon.

Very cool

What did the T56 come out of? Maybe get a Coyote to go with it?

This is a pretty rare T56 sold by Ford as an aftermarket transmission for the windsor pushrod v8 found in the fox mustangs. The bellhousing and midplate are unique to this application and weren't offered on any car. Strictly an aftermarket offering. I am hopeful that al is well with the transmission. It spins smooth in every gear right now but we'll see how it goes once it's bolted in.

Cool find. I didn't know there was a T56 setup for the Windsors.

Would it be worth it to take it somewhere to have it popped open and inspected before putting it in the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey97D View Post
      Cool find. I didn't know there was a T56 setup for the Windsors.

Would it be worth it to take it somewhere to have it popped open and inspected before putting it in the car?
      As much as I would like to go over the trans completely I will probably just clean it up as best I can and throw it in there. It does make me wish I could step up my engine build.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com