Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
      https://youtu.be/-LwNx60ux5o

- - - Updated - - -

Country Flag: United States
      The poor tires!!!! LOL

I've been enjoying following along and like the cruise videos and sound going down the highway.
      When are you going to clean up the interior?
      Any further plans for the car? Any thoughts on track days?

Great build. I love the use of junkyard/craigslist parts. Also nice to dot draw a lot of attention to it and not worry about a door ding. Great job man.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Fun build

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey97D View Post
      The poor tires!!!! LOL

I've been enjoying following along and like the cruise videos and sound going down the highway.
      When are you going to clean up the interior?
      Any further plans for the car? Any thoughts on track days?
      Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      Great build. I love the use of junkyard/craigslist parts. Also nice to dot draw a lot of attention to it and not worry about a door ding. Great job man.
      Quote Originally Posted by GT500KR_Vert View Post
      Fun build
      Thanks Y’all! I have every intention of beautifying the car and going more towards a show car. I pulled a fox mustang dash and console and along with that I am going to convert to stock 1989 mustang wiring for the engine and chassis. I would love to do a track day. I heel-toe all the time. It would probably be pretty predictable right now because the front suspension is pretty stiff. However I am gonna install Terminator front springs and spacers for the rear springs. In other words... raise and soften. I already ordered 1/2” rear spacers and isolators for all 4 corners. I have the terminator front springs. Before you ask... I am using Ford “B” springs front and stock Cobra IRS springs back. The back is soft. I can bounce it really easily standing on the bumper. The front barely moves when I jump on the front bumper.

Also I have an e303 can just laying around that I am going to throw in there. It’s got a stock HO cam in it right now. Those are the immediate plans but the project is on going.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzturingwagin View Post
      Thanks Y’all! I have every intention of beautifying the car and going more towards a show car. I pulled a fox mustang dash and console and along with that I am going to convert to stock 1989 mustang wiring for the engine and chassis. I would love to do a track day. I heel-toe all the time. It would probably be pretty predictable right now because the front suspension is pretty stiff. However I am gonna install Terminator front springs and spacers for the rear springs. In other words... raise and soften. I already ordered 1/2” rear spacers and isolators for all 4 corners. I have the terminator front springs. Before you ask... I am using Ford “B” springs front and stock Cobra IRS springs back. The back is soft. I can bounce it really easily standing on the bumper. The front barely moves when I jump on the front bumper.
      LMK if you need pics or would appreciate any insights on that conversion. My dad used the aero dash and wiring for his wagons. I do remember off the top of my head that he notched the a-pilar trim, extended the wiring to the rear, and carved another bulb holder into the LTD taillight to handle all the mustang bulbs.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      LMK if you need pics or would appreciate any insights on that conversion. My dad used the aero dash and wiring for his wagons. I do remember off the top of my head that he notched the a-pilar trim, extended the wiring to the rear, and carved another bulb holder into the LTD taillight to handle all the mustang bulbs.
      Thank you! I most certainly will. Thanks for the heads up on the wiring. I’ll be looking for that. I do have EVTM’s for both harnesses which should help as well.

Springs, spacers and isolators have been installed. There Daddywagon is raised up about an inch. Not sure about the ride quality yet.

Looks good and level. Probably help entering and exiting curb entrances.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzturingwagin View Post
      Thank you! I most certainly will. Thanks for the heads up on the wiring. I’ll be looking for that. I do have EVTM’s for both harnesses which should help as well.
      EVTM is your bible. My dad hand-colored his with pencils to make it a bit easier to read.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Looks good and level. Probably help entering and exiting curb entrances.
      You’re right about that. My own driveway was a problem if I tried to back the car in. Today it was no problem whatsoever. I’m pleased with how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      EVTM is your bible. My dad hand-colored his with pencils to make it a bit easier to read.
      That’s a good idea. I used the wagon EVTM to locate the necessary wiring for the conversion harness. Now I have to combine old wagon harness with old mustang harness.

More suspension upgrades.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically upgrading to polyurethane control arm bushings at all 4 corners.

Nice!
      I am guessing those Brembos go right on the SN95 spindles?

Nice!
      I am guessing those Brembos go right on the SN95 spindles?
      Yes they do!

Still working on it.

The wheels pictured above are gonna be refinished with gloss white powder coat. The powder coater sent me a couple of pics after chrome removal.

This thread is amazing, congrats on your labour of love with the DaddyWagon!
      It brings back great memories (and long nights holding the light for Pops)...we had a 1976 Ford LTD Station Wagon that my Dad Stroked to 408 I believe, big Holley 4bb, big Intake Manifold, headers, we did tons of suspension work, upgraded the brakes and painted candy blue with dark wood...oh and of course, a beautiful Alpine Stereo, we did everything except the machining and porting of the engine and the paint.
      I remember I kept breaking the drive shafts...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
      This thread is amazing, congrats on your labour of love with the DaddyWagon!
      It brings back great memories (and long nights holding the light for Pops)...we had a 1976 Ford LTD Station Wagon that my Dad Stroked to 408 I believe, big Holley 4bb, big Intake Manifold, headers, we did tons of suspension work, upgraded the brakes and painted candy blue with dark wood...oh and of course, a beautiful Alpine Stereo, we did everything except the machining and porting of the engine and the paint.
      I remember I kept breaking the drive shafts...hehe
      Haha! My dad had a 1977 LTD Country Squire! I helped my dad work on the wagon also but none of it was performance oriented and I wanted to do other things if I’m being honest. I learned about cars because of those repairs and also the station wagon thing. I remember he had a Volare wagon before the LTD!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com