Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
      Love this build and thread. Cool to see the creative use of OEM parts and using architectures to make something cool. This is what fueled our hot rod ancestors! Inspiring build that shatters all my excuses for not getting my project on the road. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by CCW67 View Post
      Love this build and thread. Cool to see the creative use of OEM parts and using architectures to make something cool. This is what fueled our hot rod ancestors! Inspiring build that shatters all my excuses for not getting my project on the road. Great work!
      Thank you so much for the kind words. I am not a pioneer. I copied others if I’m being truthful. But yes, the creativity is the use of a wagon. I am and have been thoroughly enjoying myself with this build. I got the car pretty sideways today... on purpose! Haha! And the car isn’t even running right!

I washed the snow off of it.

Who will win?

Country Flag: United States
      Both

So cool. Great project.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      So cool. Great project.
      Thanks! Hopefully I can swing this 351 in there this weekend and keep this ball rolling.

I had to helicoil a cylinder head bolt.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually a cylinder head bolt hole for an intake manifold bolt.

Out with the old 302.

Along for the ride. I want to do a Vista Cruiser wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
      Along for the ride. I want to do a Vista Cruiser wagon.
      That sounds challenging! The daddywagon is basically all mustang bolt ons. That minimizes the need for fabrication. But I love the idea of all performance wagons!

The 351 windsor engine is in place and the hood will need to be clearanced somehow.

Will removing the bracing be enough to clear the intake?

The 351W engine started. I converted it to mustang H.O. roller cam and it runs! I can’t wait to get it sorted out!

Quote Originally Posted by nitroracer View Post
      Will removing the bracing be enough to clear the intake?
      No. I cut the bracing out and it is not gonna close. I need to hammer or cut or both.

Quote Originally Posted by nelzturingwagin View Post
      The 351W engine started. I converted it to mustang H.O. roller cam and it runs! I can’t wait to get it sorted out!
      Water pump leaks and I have an exhaust leak between the passenger side header and the h-pipe. I made an attempt to correct both to no avail. So I ended up ordering a new h-pipe and Ford water pump instead of the local auto parts reman pump. I really want to drive the Daddywagon again soon. Haha!

Instead of cutting the hood, why not drop the K member to help clear the intake?
      1986 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
      1986 Thunderbird Project SR86- https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...PER-SLOW-BUILD

Quote Originally Posted by Drewstang View Post
      Instead of cutting the hood, why not drop the K member to help clear the intake?
      I had thought about that and I have the spacers to drop the k-member 1/2 inch. I guess I am lazy and anxious. I got to drive it and can’t wait to drive it again. Haha! Plus lowering the k member leads to other things like fan touching shroud and engine touching sway bar etc. I can accomodate the changes with drop sway bar mounts etc. But I don’t want to take all that time right now. The hood was dented already anyway.

The fan never crossed my mind, I switched to electric on my foxes. SN95 swaybar mounts will drop it enough to clear also. I remember watching this build over on foureyedpride, you've come a long way. Keep up the good work.
      1986 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
      1986 Thunderbird Project SR86- https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...PER-SLOW-BUILD

I’ve been driving the Daddywagon all week. With every mile I get more comfortable driving it. I don’t baby the car at all. I am working on upgrading to video footage to share my experiences. Pro touring is definitely how I would label the Daddywagon. It’s a street car. It idles nice and smooth once it’s warmed up. The exhaust is loud but not ear splitting. The 351 pulls pretty hard. I still have so much to do and so much planned for the wagon. Stay tuned.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com