Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      Those wheels are perfect for that car!
      Thanks! I think so too! I may run them in black for a while until I can get them powder coated.

Country Flag: United States
      Very cool build, love the wagons!
      I can't imagine doing what you've done in a driveway. You sir are a badass.
      (I'll admit I'm spoiled working in a garage.)

Totally reminds me of late 90's/early 2000's in my driveway. I even had a fairmont wagon which i ended up giving away. My Fox body weapon of choice was a 91 Lincoln Mark VII which terrorized the streets in so flo for a few years. Miss those days. You cant have more fun cheaper than a Fox body. If you have any Ford build questions, feel free to PM me. Not much I haven't done back in the day with these.

Love the wheels, btw. Totally nailed the look. Just a motor tip, as cool as it looks, that GT40 intake is slowing you down. The flow on them is crap, even ported. Find a used Holley Systemax II intake and run a 75mm tbody/75mm mass air and stock 5.0 air box that seals to fender. Will support about 450hp at crank, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaZ View Post
      Very cool build, love the wagons!
      I can't imagine doing what you've done in a driveway. You sir are a badass.
      (I'll admit I'm spoiled working in a garage.)
      Thanks! Maybe someday I'll have a garage. I probably should have moved on from here 10 years ago, but I really can't complain. I like the stability. I'm not struggling to get by and I get to play a little. I don't like credit. I tell my kids when you use credit you are spending tomorrow's money today. I don't owe anything on the wagon! Haha! If I had a garage the family would hardly ever see me!

Quote Originally Posted by DualQuadDave View Post
      Totally reminds me of late 90's/early 2000's in my driveway. I even had a fairmont wagon which i ended up giving away. My Fox body weapon of choice was a 91 Lincoln Mark VII which terrorized the streets in so flo for a few years. Miss those days. You cant have more fun cheaper than a Fox body. If you have any Ford build questions, feel free to PM me. Not much I haven't done back in the day with these.
      Love the wheels, btw. Totally nailed the look. Just a motor tip, as cool as it looks, that GT40 intake is slowing you down. The flow on them is crap, even ported. Find a used Holley Systemax II intake and run a 75mm tbody/75mm mass air and stock 5.0 air box that seals to fender. Will support about 450hp at crank, no problem.
      I will definitely look into the intake! Thanks! My plan is to run a stock airbox, so we're good there! Thanks again!

I was peeling off the plastidip and stumbled on this look!

Very cool build. It's pretty amazing to me that you can just swap in the IRS with little modifications. FWIW, I like the all white wheels the best.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Nice sleeper

Send me your motor build spec-heads/cam/size/compression. I will tell you what tricks that will wake it up. You can make big power out of a SBF if you know what you are doing, for cheap.

Send me your motor build spec-heads/cam/size/compression. I will tell you what tricks that will wake it up. You can make big power out of a SBF if you know what you are doing, for cheap.
      I was planning on the controversial long rod 351 windsor. I have all the pieces and will probably put that in to motion once I have a running car. Even if it proves to be a load of bull I intend to have the motor built up in the near future.

I decided to replace the spare tire considering the one in the back is 14" in diameter and 4 lug. Once again craigslist comes through with a 2015 spare that is 5 lug and should clear cobra 13" front brakes.

I also put the Daddywagon up on jack stands to work on the fuel system. However today is a special day and the Daddywagon has to wait.

Awesome project! Looking forward to progress.
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

Awesome build! My dad has done a few similar swaps, but no irs. He chose to swap the mustang dash, pedals, and column to make the wiring simpler.Name:  20170513_082447.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  345.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      Awesome build! My dad has done a few similar swaps, but no irs. He chose to swap the mustang dash, pedals, and column to make the wiring simpler.Name:  20170513_082447.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  345.8 KB
      I know! Haha! I know you from foureyedpride, silly!

Quote Originally Posted by nelzturingwagin View Post
      I know! Haha! I know you from foureyedpride, silly!
      ahh, nice. i havent been on that site in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by nelzturingwagin View Post
      I was planning on the controversial long rod 351 windsor. I have all the pieces and will probably put that in to motion once I have a running car. Even if it proves to be a load of bull I intend to have the motor built up in the near future.
      The whole "long rod windsor" was hot stuff in the early 90's(i think i still have the Super Ford article on it), but is a non-point these days. The science behind the long rod concept was to help crutch a crappy flowing head(Ford) for more overall power(piston dwell). Fast forward to today, you have tons of cyl head choices and airflow is flat out king. Tell me the budget and I will try to help build you a topend for the 351. You can keep the long rods if you want, but will not make any real difference in the end either way.

The whole "long rod windsor" was hot stuff in the early 90's(i think i still have the Super Ford article on it), but is a non-point these days. The science behind the long rod concept was to help crutch a crappy flowing head(Ford) for more overall power(piston dwell). Fast forward to today, you have tons of cyl head choices and airflow is flat out king. Tell me the budget and I will try to help build you a topend for the 351. You can keep the long rods if you want, but will not make any real difference in the end either way.
      That is a very generous offer! Thank you! Let me ask you this, I want a 100% street car / daily driver. I want normally aspirated, and quiet, idles like a camry, but pulls like a freight train. If I really want the noise I will do electric dumps. How would you build that motor? For me the obvious would be 351, but then what?

No prob! PM me if it's easier to talk. I need specifics about what parts you have and some questions about the car.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com