Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Been awhile but back in May I finally got the Camaro on the track at Putnum Park Road Course for the Midwest Musclecar Challenge sponsored by Bowler Performance Transmissions. Took a little but to get comfortable since being out of the drivers seat for a couple years but slowly got my focus back and was able to put down a 1:20 lap and getting 2nd fastest "top speed shootout speed" down the front straight. Next event is Motorstate Challenge at Gingerman Raceway in a couple weeks

Car looks absolutely fantastic! Nice job!

What gear ratio did you go with and how do you like it now that you have some track time under your belt?

I'm about to do a 9" in my 71 and debating between 3.70 and 3.89 and saw Quick offers a 3.80 which might be a compromise between the two.
      Mine is a bit more street focused, but also will see some autox and track time, motor is a bit less hp for now but will get up to the 600 range soon - but it's carburated 406 now and likely to go FiTech with a Rick's vapor tank when I bump the power by 75-100 as part of a cam / head swap.
      You have that tank too right - how does it work on the road course so far?
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Love it!!!!!
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Glad to hear your out enjoying the car, it looks great.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Very nice !
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Very nice indeed! I'm really liking it.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by c4racer2 View Post
      Car looks absolutely fantastic! Nice job!

What gear ratio did you go with and how do you like it now that you have some track time under your belt?

I'm about to do a 9" in my 71 and debating between 3.70 and 3.89 and saw Quick offers a 3.80 which might be a compromise between the two.
      Mine is a bit more street focused, but also will see some autox and track time, motor is a bit less hp for now but will get up to the 600 range soon - but it's carburated 406 now and likely to go FiTech with a Rick's vapor tank when I bump the power by 75-100 as part of a cam / head swap.
      You have that tank too right - how does it work on the road course so far?
      Thanks! 3.50 gear, gearing works well with the 600+ rwhp. 3rd gear general sticks decent. Much lower gearing and it may start to be a handfull in 3rd. My opinion for you would be to stick with a 3.70 for your setup, especially if more street focused. Yes I have Ricks with vaporworx. It's been down to 1/4 tank on the road course with zero fuel starvation issues. It's been great so far.

The problem I have is I need to keep RPM above 2500 or even 3000 better yet since I have a carb motor. It's not happy going WOT below about 3K. Rips from 3-6500. But it's very different from a LS motor. I have 3.73 in my 2016 with taller tires, so pretty similar to a 3.5 gear and that is just not enough gear even on the street most of the time. As a result I am still leaning towards a 3.89 gear. Good to hear on the tank. I wish Safe Racer made a bolt in fuel cell for early Camaro's like they do for early Mustangs. They only have a 3rd gen tank for Camaros. Pretty lame.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Awesome car, love it !

Finally getting around to posting some pics from motorstate challenge at Gingerman Raceway. It was extremely HOT out, miserably so... which made for an extremely loose car. After some tweeks through the day ended up with a 1.45 lap time but was still a messy one. Not how I wanted the day to go but will chalk it up for experience. Saturday mornings track-attack was 15 degrees cooler and changed the car from loose to slightly tight but manageable enough to get a respectable 104.2. I'll take it. Once again an absolutely great event put on by the Motorstate crew!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyP View Post
      Finally getting around to posting some pics from motorstate challenge at Gingerman Raceway. It was extremely HOT out, miserably so... which made for an extremely loose car. After some tweeks through the day ended up with a 1.45 lap time but was still a messy one. Not how I wanted the day to go but will chalk it up for experience. Saturday mornings track-attack was 15 degrees cooler and changed the car from loose to slightly tight but manageable enough to get a respectable 104.2. I'll take it. Once again an absolutely great event put on by the Motorstate crew!

Jason Mitchell
      1969 Camaro @ Dutchboys

Car is beautiful. If you have time can you give me some detail on the lower dash panel you did. I think that looks way better than the factory plastic.

Great job, and good on you for beating on it!

VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

who built your roll cage? Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by korbun20 View Post
      who built your roll cage? Looks good.
      Had a local guy do it that used to build circle track cars.

Got some good shots of the car recently from Semper Fast Media

Very clean! I love it!
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
      Very clean! I love it!
      Thanks Larry!

Looks great! Are you having fun enjoying the car now after so much time spent building it?
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Holy Crap!, I just jumped from your first post to this last page, You have been busy!, looking forward to reading your full thread!
      Tom

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com