Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice ride...coming along nicely. I'm doing a VERY similar build- same motor/trans/DSe, etc.... Have you decided on what you are using for a cross member?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by classiccamaro View Post
      Very nice ride...coming along nicely. I'm doing a VERY similar build- same motor/trans/DSe, etc.... Have you decided on what you are using for a cross member?

Dave
      Dave, Yes I bought a Holley (Hooker) crossmember pt# 71222006HKR
      Will install it once I get car back from paint

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyP View Post
      Dave, Yes I bought a Holley (Hooker) crossmember pt# 71222006HKR
      Will install it once I get car back from paint
      Thanks Buddy for the info...... I am looking forward to seeing how this works out (drive line angle, etc) Are you using the DSE frame /motor mounts?

Thanks Buddy for the info...... I am looking forward to seeing how this works out (drive line angle, etc) Are you using the DSE frame /motor mounts?
      Yes full DSE

He's back! Good to see the build again Buddy!

Finally got car back from paint. Now on to assembly...

It looks sweet!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Good progress this weekend with getting the motor/tranny installed along with trans crossmember, C&R radiator and Ricks fuel tank.

Awesome Buddy! I'm a bit jealous, as my 70 is still on the rotisserie......Following your build is giving me the inspiration I need! Did you have to modify the tunnel at all and do you know what your drivetrain angle ended up at using the Hooker crossmember? Thanks in advance, Dave

NICE! How did you brace the inside where you bolted the trans crossmember ? Any pictures?
      Wayne

Looking good Buddy.

Awesome Buddy! I'm a bit jealous, as my 70 is still on the rotisserie......Following your build is giving me the inspiration I need! Did you have to modify the tunnel at all and do you know what your drivetrain angle ended up at using the Hooker crossmember? Thanks in advance, Dave
      Thanks! Yes I did raise the tunnel a bit and it was needed. Go look at the very last photo on post #1 and you'll see what I did with the trans tunnel. A couple small issues I did run into while installing the motor was clearance at the upper drivers side bell housing area, I had to hammer in an area so motor would set down on the motor mounts. Also top side of tailshaft of trans barely kisses the floor crossbrace you see in the above photo. It would've been perfect if DSE mounts were about 1/2" further forward. I understand the reasoning for pushing motor back but in my scenario it was just a tad too far that caused some minor motor/tranny install clearance issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      NICE! How did you brace the inside where you bolted the trans crossmember ? Any pictures?
      The hooker kit comes with steel plates that get placed on the interior side of the floor pan. I'll try and get a couple pics posted.

Thanks Buddy, My bad..... I see what you did to the tunnel to get the trans to fit under the car......hard to tell in the pic, but I can see where the tail shaft would hit the floor brace. Have you measured the driveline angle? I'm debating on fabbing my own trans x-member and mounting it to the frame.....but the Holley piece looks slick and easy to install. Just wondered what driveline angle you ended up with using the DSE frame, engine stands , and motor mounts.

Thanks Buddy, My bad..... I see what you did to the tunnel to get the trans to fit under the car......hard to tell in the pic, but I can see where the tail shaft would hit the floor brace. Have you measured the driveline angle? I'm debating on fabbing my own trans x-member and mounting it to the frame.....but the Holley piece looks slick and easy to install. Just wondered what driveline angle you ended up with using the DSE frame, engine stands , and motor mounts.
      I haven't even checked angle yet so not sure what it ended up being. Just ordered my driveshaft and will figure all that out once I install it.

That Hooker setup does a nice job.
      Wayne

Man I love it... what hood are you gonna use to fit the LSA, the only reason I didnt go LSA on my 70 Z28 was the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Man I love it... what hood are you gonna use to fit the LSA, the only reason I didnt go LSA on my 70 Z28 was the hood.

Ha yeah, stock hood but will have to swap out the ZL1 lid for a CTS-V lid.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyP View Post
      Ha yeah, stock hood but will have to swap out the ZL1 lid for a CTS-V lid.
      Hey Buddy, I am removing the CTS-V Lid/covers from my motor (LSA) and going with the ZL1 lid. Let me know if you are interested.... Dave

Latest progress... installation of intercooler, front spoiler by D&Z Customs and front sheet metal.

Intercooler lines will pass through the core support... just need to add a gromet.

And for fun I stuffed my old 315/30/18 tire up under the front to see what rough clearances will be...

Looking great Buddy! I like the aero tweaks on the rockers and hood. The air dam/splitter blends in beautifully. I had a 71 Z-28 years ago I would have loved to do like you are with this one.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com