Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

67 Camaro Looking for reviews on BB 572 and T56 From Silver Sport Transmission

Getting ready to build 572 Big block for my 67 Camaro also considering Tremec T56 magnum xl Perfect fit kit from silver Sport Transmission has anyone done their 10-10-10 layaway program just looking for reviews and any constructive input

Thanks Have a great day!

The restoration shop that is painting my car used them for a couple builds. He had good things to say about them. I too am running a built 572 with a T-56 Mag(not the xl version) but I personally went with Bob Hanlon from Hanlon Motorsports - not sure if does the layaway thing, but his knowledge and customer service is second to none!

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
      The restoration shop that is painting my car used them for a couple builds. He had good things to say about them. I too am running a built 572 with a T-56 Mag(not the xl version) but I personally went with Bob Hanlon from Hanlon Motorsports - not sure if does the layaway thing, but his knowledge and customer service is second to none!
      How do you feel about your 572 can you share any positive or negative in your experience. I am going with 620 HP what rear end did you go with? Thanks for your time!

Well I have big hopes lol. Car is painted and getting stripes layed out this week. Motor is in but no wires yet so I am still dying to hear that 1st fire up. Mine dynoed at 742hp and 689 ft lbs of torque. It was SUPPOSED to be built to run on pump gas, but when they sent me the final spec sheet, they want me to run a mixture of pump and race fuel to suppress any chances of spark knock(engine killer). To compromise, we all agreed on adding a methanol injection system to get the octane values up and still be able to pull up to any pump. Methanol injection claims to add 10-20% more power(which I do not really need any more of). Bob set me up with the T-56 Mag with the lower ratio 1st gear and I went with a Ford 9" with an Detroit locker and 4:11 gears. I had 4:10's in my old 12 bolt posi with a 450 hp SBC and muncie m-22 4 speed back in the day and I loved it. While it did suck the few times I had to hit the highway, the quickness and fun I had with it under normal driving conditions was awesome. I figure with a 6 speed, the 4:11 combo should be perfect. Not sure of your set-up, but the only real issues I had mating everything was by going with a mechanical z-bar clutch linkage set-up on an aftermarket sub-frame. I had to mod my z-bar and notch my trans housing to make it all work.(my clutch fork just was hitting the housing at the end of the stroke when full depressed and where I had to notch was an area of no structural value.

Thanks For your time

Country Flag: Australia
      Sorry. I received your PM and tried to reply twice and struck a glitch. My email is [email protected] if you'd like to contact me still. Cheers

Getting ready 572 with tremec 6 speed with hydrolic

Getting ready 572 with tremec 6 speed with hydrolic clutch. Was just wondering how your transition went. What rear end and gears are u running I would a appreciate any major negatives or positives you may have experience with the whole experience.
      Thanks for your time.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com