Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mustang GT250

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by digitalsolo View Post
      I've tried to find somewhere local to just do the spraying on my car. No one is interested. I found one resto shop that offered to spray it for 5k + materials. That's nuts considering it's already been metal worked, body worked, filler primed, blocked and sealed... it literally needs a coat of urethane primer, a final blocking and color/clear. 2000-2500 + labor, sure, but at over 6000 dollars with materials, I figure I can screw up a lot of times and not come anywhere near the cost... I really wish I could just rent a booth, but again, no one is interested in letting me do so.

Hence the reason I really appreciate threads like this where people share the good/bad and things they've learned for DIY work like this.
      For that price you could buy one inflatable ones for around 2000 and still be cheaper.

Finally sprayed two more coats of clear over the sanded four coats. Now time to wet sand and buff then reassemble. Has to be ready for the Hot Rod Power Tour in June.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Finally sprayed the cowl and taillight panel satin black. Now time to wet sand the orange.Name:  IMG_20180404_152234192.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  152.5 KBName:  IMG_20180404_152712715.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  148.1 KBName:  IMG_20180404_160455940.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  164.0 KB

Country Flag: Australia
      Gorgeous, very impressive!

Project looks fantastic! Keep up the great work.
      1988 Mazda RX7 - Forged LS/T56, 76mm turbo, ProEFI, Ford 8.8 - Sold
      1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, Haltech, big brakes, updated suspension.
      2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Full bolt-ons
      2016 BMW 428iX GranSport - Stock...ish.

I have gotten more done. Wet sanded the car with 1500, 2000, 3000 and 5000. I should have spent more time with the 2000 and up with a DA. Buffing is taking a bit longer because of a few deeper scratches. But the car looks great after the first round of buffing with Menzerna 1000. Still have to go two more steps. I also repainted the dash and top of doors. With the help of Mark from Mustang Monthly we installed a new American auto wire harness. Also installed Dapper LED SEVEN head lights. The white halo will be daytime running light and switch to yellow for turn signals. Taillights are not installed all the way so that is why they are not lined up right. Still lots to do before Hot Rod Power Tour.

Gettin' closer.

I know you have used a lot of elbow grease to get where you are currently. Just want to say, I think it was worth it. Looks beautiful. I saw your car on the SPI forum, I was like, I've seen that car before. I actually had Barry send me a couple of paint chips for the SPI orange a few months ago. I have a 70 Sportsroof that was Calypso Coral and wanted to compare them. Do the pictures do the color justice? I know sometimes it's hard to duplicate the actual color in a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossed View Post
      I know you have used a lot of elbow grease to get where you are currently. Just want to say, I think it was worth it. Looks beautiful. I saw your car on the SPI forum, I was like, I've seen that car before. I actually had Barry send me a couple of paint chips for the SPI orange a few months ago. I have a 70 Sportsroof that was Calypso Coral and wanted to compare them. Do the pictures do the color justice? I know sometimes it's hard to duplicate the actual color in a photo.
      It is a little more Orange and brighter to me.

Looks great. Following for motivation!!!!

Well I got more of the first round of buffing done to most of the car. I also found a upper radiator hose that fits perfect it is off a Jeep wrangler. Now to figure out the lower hose. The larger radiator from a 1970 390 Mustang should help in the Florida heat.

Been busy buffing, installing body parts and A/C. Hot Rod Power Tour is coming fast. Waiting on all trim from the powder coat shop.

You surely will have a good time. Driving something you built has some rewards.

Rear is done other then fitting back up lights. I also installed my door handles which are looking killer. Headlights are from dapper Lighting. I have the white halo as running lights and they flash amber for turn signals. I have all my trim back from the powder coat. Will be installing this week. HRPT is coming quick. I still have to charge the a/c and istall interior. My dash pad from TMI looks really good and will be installed this week also.

Wow, that's looking absolutely great!
      1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, Haltech, big brakes, updated suspension.

looking really badass keep it up!
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

Great job! It's looking really good.
      Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by GT200 View Post
      Rear is done other then fitting back up lights. I also installed my door handles which are looking killer. Headlights are from dapper Lighting. I have the white halo as running lights and they flash amber for turn signals. I have all my trim back from the powder coat. Will be installing this week. HRPT is coming quick. I still have to charge the a/c and istall interior. My dash pad from TMI looks really good and will be installed this week also.
      The ONLY thing I'm not 100% on is the door handles. I like the style of them, but in the pic, it looks like it was painted with bedliner. The rest of the trim looks much smoother. Is it just the pic? Love the car. I saw this same SPI orange on a Coronet over on For B Bodies Only and loved it there too.

Jay

Looks like wrinkle black on the handles.

Where did you find the new I6 cap for the rear valence?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com