Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Millermatic 211 or Lincoln 210 MP?

I'm an occasional welder and these two are probably the class/category I need.

I never much thought about TIG welding but the Lincoln seems to offer that plus an easy setup.

Only thing I might ad is to think about if you would want AC tig as well.

Unlikely I'll ever get into welding aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
      Unlikely I'll ever get into welding aluminum.
      You'd be surprised how often welding aluminum comes in handy.....

FYI, the Hobart Handler 190 is another option.

I've had the Hobart 140 for almost a decade and its the most reliable thing in my garage. It was recommended to me by a professional welder. It says Miller on the gun handle, so either Miller makes it or is somehow associated with it--So far the quality is in line with what I've read about Miller products.
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      You'd be surprised how often welding aluminum comes in handy.....
      ^^Yes exactly. The projects you find yourself doing once you have the capability...

Just this year I added the Eastwood TIG200 for welding chromoly structural tubes and instantly found several other things to weld with it. You can't beat the price of this welder. Budget constraints being what they are it was this or nothing--yes its a chinese welder but its warranteed and it gets the job done for a weekend hobbyist like me--main thing it doesn't have that high dollar ones have is a throttle controlled power setting during welding so can modulate current in real time. But its got the important AC start and AC mode and welds aluminum no problem. I still use the MIG for exhaust and some sheet metal depending on the situation. Currently doing some major work to the car and have found myself bouncing between both welders... But if it's plain ole steel only, the MIG will get you pretty far... But TIG def permits a more controlled weld since you can control the feeding of the filler metal.

TIG came in handy customizing an Al fuel tank and when reworking my tranny cross member for increased exhaust clearance.

-Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

I bought that TIG 200 as well. I got it in the package deal with a Plasma cutter and cart for around a grand.

Country Flag: Canada
      I have the 210MP and I like it. On top of the obvious MIG, you can run stick with this machine right out of the box. Tig is not the primary process this machine was designed for as it doesn't even have a built in gas solenoid for tig. It can do lift Tig and requires few extra pieces if you want current control.

https://youtu.be/iE0PHdOe-OA?list=PL...Iy_o0GrsbchDqE
      Matt
      1967 Corvair - Project Sanity

I just get things done instead of talking about getting them done. I don't go out and party. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs and I'm not married, that leaves a lot of time for my work - Henry Rollins

I think Miller has a new 215 with which you can do MIG, TIG and stick. I have a 211 and there is no TIG functon. Also, the 215 is about one-half the size and weight of my older model 211.

Check out esab... not quite sure of the model they have a new one out that you can run 33 lb spools with yet it's a multi-purpose machine, stick tig etc
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

I have the 211 and very happy. For a home garage that works hard, i have yet to need a bigger welder.
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

to add to previous post about the esab welder its from the rebel line .... rebel 235ic ...looks like quite the machine
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Yes, I found that. It is a huge upgrade from my current MIG welder and would let me expand if I got the ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducs View Post
      I have the 210MP and I like it. On top of the obvious MIG, you can run stick with this machine right out of the box. Tig is not the primary process this machine was designed for as it doesn't even have a built in gas solenoid for tig. It can do lift Tig and requires few extra pieces if you want current control.

https://youtu.be/iE0PHdOe-OA?list=PL...Iy_o0GrsbchDqE

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com