Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New to forum 1969 Buick GS400 Conv't

Doing a restomod project on my Buick I that I have had for 16 years. It was in storage for 4 years and is now out. I had the interior refreshed to stock with the exception of a custom center console that offers increased storage, arm rest, 5A USB inputs, cup holders and seat heater controls for the front seats. At the same time I had the TH400 rebuilt with some performance tweaks. The car will be out of the interior shop (after 6 months) in a week, and I am super excited.

Suspension is next up, and I have joined this forum to help educate myself on my next moves for this A body convertible. At this time the car sits on 2" lowering springs, Edelbrock shocks and a 1 1/4" sway bar up front and a 7/8" out back. I am looking to swap out the FCAs and upgrade the ball joints as well as rebuilding the steering links. At the end of the day I want to keep my shocks and springs because I am used to their ride-and it's good-and it is one less expense. I am sure the rear needs attention too.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed!Name:  20170227_173522.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  397.9 KB

I will be asking some questions and maybe can answer a few too.

And for those of you who know Buicks...yes that is a 1968 GS hood and trunk lid on there. The car was wrecked by its owner-a Viet Nam vet-in 1977 and he put it back together with those parts! Not perfect, but a story and a unique look as far as I am concerned.

Thanks,
      Name:  20170224_154607.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  219.1 KB

Z

Quote Originally Posted by zazbeam View Post
      Doing a restomod project on my Buick I that I have had for 16 years. It was in storage for 4 years and is now out. I had the interior refreshed to stock with the exception of a custom center console that offers increased storage, arm rest, 5A USB inputs, cup holders and seat heater controls for the front seats. At the same time I had the TH400 rebuilt with some performance tweaks. The car will be out of the interior shop (after 6 months) in a week, and I am super excited.

Suspension is next up, and I have joined this forum to help educate myself on my next moves for this A body convertible. At this time the car sits on 2" lowering springs, Edelbrock shocks and a 1 1/4" sway bar up front and a 7/8" out back. I am looking to swap out the FCAs and upgrade the ball joints as well as rebuilding the steering links. At the end of the day I want to keep my shocks and springs because I am used to their ride-and it's good-and it is one less expense. I am sure the rear needs attention too.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed!Name:  20170227_173522.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  397.9 KB

I will be asking some questions and maybe can answer a few too.

And for those of you who know Buicks...yes that is a 1968 GS hood and trunk lid on there. The car was wrecked by its owner-a Viet Nam vet-in 1977 and he put it back together with those parts! Not perfect, but a story and a unique look as far as I am concerned.

Thanks,
      Name:  20170224_154607.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  219.1 KB

Z
      OK here is an update
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Looks great! What wheels are those?
      '72 Cutlass - 370" LS2 topped w/a LSA blower

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com