Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
      Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful interior work. Good stuff!

The TR6060 has been a long annoying saga...

When I parted out the 2009 Challenger SRT8 for its drivetrain, I assumed that the engine/trans would be fine since it only had 50K miles. But whoever owned it did not know how to drive a manual transmission. Second gear synchro was shot and 6th gear must have fallen off the shaft because there was no gear available in 6th gear. That's just the beginning...
      I bought another 2009 Challenger SRT8 out of northern California this summer...specifically for the 6 speed. With all the truckers avoiding California, it was really difficult to get it picked up. After racking up $500 in storage fees, the best I could manage was to find someone who would haul it to Dallas for for $1200. SO I had to use a vacation day, get a hotel (left after work one day), and spent $1700 on shipping/storage fees (insurance auction). When I met the trucker at the salvage yard, I walked up to the car and looked underneath it to see that the previous loser owner had stolen the transmission, catalytic converters, and exhaust. I was TICKED. I went back and looked at the insurance auction pictures and realized that they had piled parts in the engine bay to disguise the fact that the engine was leaning back due to not having the transmission. Someone had even propped the shifter up to look like it was still there.
      So I bought another 2010 Challenger with 100K miles. I knew the engine was trashed and the transmission looked greasy/rough. I sent it off to D&D Performance to refresh. The report was not good either: it need a new input shaft, reverse gear, third gear, synchos, and seals. The overhaul was going to be about $1850, but he had a brand new TR6060 in the crate that he had bought from Tremec. I gave up and bought it. It arrived last week and was installed yesterday. I finally have 6 gears.

Pics before installation:

Sorry for the ordeal. Is the Tremec a direct bolt-in, or do you have more work to do in adapting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut1959 View Post
      Sorry for the ordeal. Is the Tremec a direct bolt-in, or do you have more work to do in adapting it?
      I went with the tremec TR6060 because it came mated to the 6.1L that was in the Challenger SRT8 I parted out…so I already had a clutch, pedals, hydraulics, etc. so I’m still money ahead from buying a t-56 magnum and the Having to complete the setup. The tunnel required modification to fit.

I know it has been awhile. But any updates on this? How's it drive, mpg? Roll bar on exit and entrance hard to live with? I really appreciate your build and respect the hard work. Pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by toyotajeep View Post
      I know it has been awhile. But any updates on this? How's it drive, mpg? Roll bar on exit and entrance hard to live with? I really appreciate your build and respect the hard work. Pretty cool!

It's been sitting in the garage all winter...just waiting for the salt/brine to get washed away. I've got about 300 miles on it now and I love the way it drives/handles! I have never calculated MPG's so I don't know what to tell you. I do know that my foot is always DEEP in the gas pedal....so mileage probably is not great...lol.
      The roll cage doesn't bother me at all. I have been in some cars with roll cages that were really annoying to get around so this one was designed/shaped to be as unobtrusive as possible.

Awesome build! Tastefully done!
      Enjoy the drive!
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Okay , so here's where I chime in. What's the front suspension used? My car's not a 68ish,,,,,,,,,, it's a 73/74, but I am looking forward to upgrades, even if I have to graft.

While this is very sad. I know that this particular years have a very good front frame rails. Hope you didn't let them take it away from you. This is just another project for another dream.

Your a better man than me. I'd been absolutely livid!!!!

Overall 1 thing remains on my mind and in question. Q.; Why instead of shortening everything, Why didn't you just use the frame rails and all in the '68? Nevermind I got my reply. Thanks again.

Sorry Shorty! I haven't checked out this thread in awhile. The last couple months have been crazy busy with kids activities and work. I also just passed the 5 year mark with my bone cancer and had my last appointment with my oncologist last week...and all is good! 2024 is the year that I will get at least 3 of my old Mopars back on the road.
      I also started a youtube channel about some of the projects I have been working on and a couple about my wrecked 1969 Charger and the subsequent cancer fight. If you're interested, check it out.

This video features some video preview clips of the finished Roadrunner and the story about how I bought the car (twice sort of)!

The wreck/cancer story...which is quite wild!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com