Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      GREAT build! So sorry to hear about the 69 but if that hadn’t have happened who knows what the outcome may have been. Here’s to a speedy recovery and a great RR build, one of the best. Keep up the good work.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      GREAT build! So sorry to hear about the 69 but if that hadn’t have happened who knows what the outcome may have been. Here’s to a speedy recovery and a great RR build, one of the best. Keep up the good work.

Thank you Alwhite!

I wanted to reinforce the inner fenders so here's whats Matt came up with. The bottom plate ties into the plate on the bottom side of the shock tower.

Lower radiator support needed reinforced and I didn't like any of the aftermarket options...

That's some nice looking fabrication! I wish I had the tools and talent to build pieces of that quality for my turd.

Quote Originally Posted by 70B5Cuda View Post

My grandpa had a hammer just like that one. Shortly after getting married my wife was trying to drive a post for the paper box with it. She asked for help and on my second swing the head flew off and hit her Camaro. That was the end of that hammer!

I want safer updated seat belts but I'm not wanting any racing seatbelts. I don't want to be tied down in one place for everyday driving and yet I don't want to sacrifice safety...so I knew I wanted an inertial reel...so the seatbelts from a 2010 Challenger were chosen. In the 2010 challenger, they fit in a pocket in the pillar. The reel is mounted on a bracket that hangs by two hooks and is bolted at the bottom. The reel...

Next, Matt made a box for the reel bracket to hang on/mount to...

Hanging in place...

It's hard to show in the picture, but the belt fits flush with the inner sheetmetal panel. The factory door panel will fit right over it and will just need a slot for the belt to pass through. The final result will be a safe and comfortable belt system that uses everything from a late model challenger.

Glad to see you back at it!
      '69 Charger TT Viper project - SOLD
      '65 Mustang Shelby clone project "almost done"

The saga continues...after 9 months, the right humerus bones hadn't grown together very well. Monday, I had a bone graft surgery in which bone was taken from my right hip, ground up, mixed with some type of adhesive, packed in the bone joint all the way around, and then the bone joint was actually taped up. I was warned that the hip would hurt more then the arm, but I had no idea!! It feels like my stomach muscles were rearranged to get to the hip. If I cough or use my stomach/core muscles at all (and they are used all the time), the pain is brutal!!
      I'm not sure when I'll be back out in the shop again since the arm needs about three months to fuse. Its a bit of a bummer, but at least I got the 68 roadrunner cleaned up and mounted on the rotisserie last weekend. Its scheduled to get media blasted and sealed in epoxy the first week in December.

A few odds and ends pics of the car getting cleaned up on the rotisserie...

Being upside down made it a lot easier to finish welding in the hard to get to areas

While I had it on each side, I used the needle scaler to knock the undercoating off the inside of the left quarter panel. I also spot checked the floor to find any little areas I may have missed.

I also took the opportunity to clean up the roof skin. I was really surprised that there wasn't ANY scale on the roof! I was mainly removing a yellow glue that was all over the skin. The roof structure wasn't scaly or rusty at all. It was still dusted red from the factory. It seems bizarre that this car did so well sitting out in a field for 20+ years...I can only guess that it aired out quickly without a windshield, rear window, or carpet in it.

The roadrunner went to the media blaster Monday, where aluminum oxide was used to clean it up inside and outside. It's fun to see it in bare metal and all in one color, but it's always disappointing to see the little spots that seem to come out of nowhere...

The aluminum oxide brought a few things to light...the most disappointing was the drivers floor board. It looked really solid until blasted...so a partial patch went in...

- - - Updated - - -

Then it went in primer...

I had the same problem with my drivers front floorboard. Your car looks awesome! Great seeing it all one color even if it is primer.
      Pat

Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      I had the same problem with my drivers front floorboard. Your car looks awesome! Great seeing it all one color even if it is primer.
      Pat
      Thanks Pat! I'm excited. I've also been jealous of your progress lately!

While it is on the rotisserie, it's time to spray some color. Original paint code was PP1 red but I went with R6 red, which was the color of my wrecked 69 survivor Charger. Lonny Moore (Moore's Colision) epoxied the whole car and laid down the red. I LOVE the color stage!!!

Damn the color looks great

Looking good!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thanks guys!

Several lead joints were fractured, cracked, or missing so I had the pillar to cowl joints and the quarter panel to rocker joints re-leaded. The guy who did it did a really nice job

This is a very nice, high quality build

The Roadrunner came off the rotisserie for some panel alignment. The hood, fenders, and doors were all pinned for easy removal and reinstallment.

Going to be honest, I read the first thread and skipped to this last page simply to say. I want a 68-70 B body so badly, I would trade my 71 Challenger for one in a heartbeat lol. Going to go through the rest of the build now lol.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com