1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: United States
      great build. I noticed in your exhaust that you have a x pipe and a H cross over before the mufflers. Please explain.

The H pipe isn't actually a part of the exhaust. Matt just used the H pipe piece as a spacer while he tacked everything in place.

Front tires are 245/40/20 and the rears are 315/40/20. I've got room for more tire on the rear, but I'm happy with the 315 size and price. Since 315/40/20's come on several production vehicles, prices are much cheaper compared to a 325 or 335.

And a few pics of the wheels on the car...

Wow! Those wheels look good on the car. Didn't know how the modern 20" would look.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey97D View Post
      Wow! Those wheels look good on the car. Didn't know how the modern 20" would look.
      Thanks! I am really happy with the satin black hellcat wheels. The silver OEM SRT wheels just didn’t look right; they looked too big and had too much contrast with the 40 series tires.

Quote Originally Posted by 70B5Cuda View Post
      Front tires are 245/40/20 and the rears are 315/40/20. I've got room for more tire on the rear, but I'm happy with the 315 size and price. Since 315/40/20's come on several production vehicles, prices are much cheaper compared to a 325 or 335.
      I looked up 315/40/20's on TireRack and got zero hits on that size. 315/35/20's are widely available. Typo?

Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      I looked up 315/40/20's on TireRack and got zero hits on that size. 315/35/20's are widely available. Typo?

You are correct! I should have typed 315/35/20!

I bought a fuel tank (for fuel injection) from Tanks Inc. but the independent rear suspension frame is so huge that a stock fuel tank won't fit. So....the new tank had to be modified. Here's what it looked like in stock form:

And modified....

This 6.1L came out of a 53K mile 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 that I parted out about 18 months ago. It ran great when I removed it, but I want a little more then the stock 425hp. I pulled the stock heads for inspection. The cylinder walls and pistons are in good condition.

I have a set of CNC ported 6.1L heads that came off a car I parted out about 4 years ago. I had then cleaned up and inspected by my machine shop. They did a valve job and installed new valve seals.
      While the heads were off, I removed the lifters and installed an Arrington SR2B camshaft. With a good tune, the CNC ported heads and cam should be good for close to 500hp

Those heads look awesome!!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Those heads look awesome!!
      Thanks!

I had a few changes made. I was not happy with the fit of the passenger side door. It must have been tweaked because it never fit right. So I ordered a new AMD door shell, but the quarter panel was installed using the original door so the leading edge of the quarter panel had to be sliced and worked to match the profile of the new AMD door.

Both front fenders had to be tweaked to fit the big tires and the low stance. The brace that runs from the top of the arch (up over the tire) had to be reshaped. Also, the front corner of the arch was modified. The corner was sliced and moved forward.

I also didn't like the driver's side front fender. It had a pinhole that turned into more then we planned on. Plus I had a brand new AMD fender that I had picked up for pretty cheap so it was installed.

I picked the car up yesterday and I'm very happy with what was done. I LOVE the stance! Part of me wants to just get it running and drive it as is!

- - - Updated - - -

....Part of me wants to just get it running and drive it as is!

I fully support this!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Part of me wants to just get it running and drive it as is!
      Don't do it! Driving it only makes it 100x harder to tear it down and finish it right!

Car looks good
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      Don't do it! Driving it only makes it 100x harder to tear it down and finish it right!

Car looks good
      Thanks! I wouldn't really do that but I really like the way it looks. I don't want to duplicate work or make things harder then they need to be.

Christmas Eve day was a rough day. It was such a nice day that I was determined to take my survivor 1969 Charger out for a drive. I was on a four lane blacktop and at the intersection ahead, a truck was on my left and he was signaling to turn right and drive north (opposite direction I was driving). As soon as the turning truck started rolling to make the turn, another truck (late model GMC Sierra) behind him pulled out as well. The 20 year old guy who was driving, decided to gun it across all 4 lanes of traffic. Because of the turning truck between us, I never saw the GMS and the driver of the GMC never saw me. I was doing 55mph when the GMC came from behind the turning truck and slammed into my left front fender. Our back ends clapped together before I spun and slid sideways into the ditch. I hit the steering wheel and was bruised/beat up but I walked away, which I am grateful for. I have a wonderful wife and 5 children that need me; so I feel blessed to have walked away. That being said, the old Charger did well. I was doing 55mph and I'm not sure how fast the other guy was going be he was in a hurry.

Over the past couple months I've been really busy with coaching two of my children's basketball teams, band/school programs, and family get togethers/activities, but i have found the time to at least remove every ounce of undercoating from the Roadrunner. I used to remove undercoating with a propane torch and a thin paint scraper but I have found a superior method. I bought a cheap pneumatic needle scaler (about $30 on ebay), which has 12-15 rods which pop out and chip away at undercoating. It's dirty/messy, but its quick and it leaves a nice clean surface behind. The extra benefit is that you don't drop any burning pieces of rubber on your face or down the sleeves of your shirt. For reference, each inner fender took me about an hour to remove the undercoating. It would have been much faster, but my big compressor is down and I was using a 30 gallon Craftsman compressor so I spent a lot of time waiting for it to pressurize the tank.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com