Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

68 Nova, TCI subframe, small block, 700r4 hitting floor issue. PLEASE HELP!!

I'm currently trying to figure out why my combination of a small block Chevy and a 700r4 will not bolt up to the cross member. The transmission will not go up high enough, it's hitting the tunnel. TCI (total cost involved) tells me that there should be no issues. I have verified the motor mount is correct. Its is an energy suspension mount, part number 3.1114G short and wide, 2 5/8" x 1 3/4". Also I have the shortest Energy suspension mount for the 700r4. I will have to get out in the garage and take some photos to get exact measurements. Also, TCI told me I would NOT be able to use the Milodon road race pan that fit no problem ( I was told there would be a clearance issue with the rack and pinion, I have 5/8" clearance). I was also told the only headers that would work with the TCI subframe would be the ones from TCI. I ended up using Doug's Headers and they fit like they were made for the TCI frame, beautiful headers. To summarize: I was told the oil pan and headers would not fit and they did, I am told the 700r4 should bolt up to the TCI frame and cross member. I can not see this happening without cutting the tunnel.
      Anyone with a 68 - 72 Nova, 67 - 69 Camaro / TCI subframe / 700r4 combo PLEASE help? TCI?

I will take photos as soon as i get the car back on jack stands.

I didn't see a mention of what body mounts you are using.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

The TCI subframe mounts directly to the body.