Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anyone in L.A. rent tubing benders?

I will be needing to build a cage soon for the truck.

I was just looking at benders and the cheaper ones look like they will get the job done but I was figuring if I could rent a better unit for close to the same price that would work for me too.

The rule is measure twice and cut once. My problem is I still measure with a mic and cut with an axe!

It would be more cost effective and time saving to call places like S&W race cars or a simular chassis shop and order one. They can send you a paper with the measurements they need and bend you one in any material you want. Total with shipping shouldn't be more then around $400 for Dom tubing in a 6 point cage.
      Ahmad B.

I will look into that, Most shops I have talked to around here want me to bring the project down and leave it with them for a couple weeks. And Im not going spend a couple grand to have them bend it up when I know I can do it for a lot less than that. Its just not a project that lends its self to a "generic" platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-It View Post
      It would be more cost effective and time saving to call places like S&W race cars or a simular chassis shop and order one. They can send you a paper with the measurements they need and bend you one in any material you want. Total with shipping shouldn't be more then around $400 for Dom tubing in a 6 point cage.
      The rule is measure twice and cut once. My problem is I still measure with a mic and cut with an axe!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com