Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Headers for a DSE 2nd gen subframe w/ Pontiac engine?

I know this is not a super popular combination but... Any Pontiac guys found headers to fit a DSE 2nd gen subframe? Using round pòrt heads. TIA

Name:  IMG_3127.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  212.0 KB
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

Country Flag: Canada
      Hey man, I am in the EXACT same boat! - When I called DSE they recommended ram air style manifolds. We already have the RAR oversized cast manifolds on our engine with 6x heads. You might be able to play with a set of doug's but looks like it will be the custom header way otherwise.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by camloops11 View Post
      Hey man, I am in the EXACT same boat! - When I called DSE they recommended ram air style manifolds. We already have the RAR oversized cast manifolds on our engine with 6x heads. You might be able to play with a set of doug's but looks like it will be the custom header way otherwise.
      I tried a set of Doug' 581's but the passenger side hits the frame where the lower control arm mounts and the driver's side is a no go for the steering shaft. Manifolds are going to be way to restrictive for this engine. I have a guy here that is a wizard. And he can build me a set but checking for options before I go that route. I think the steering shaft is going to kill any standard offerings. Thanks! I'll post what I come up with. If you have any interest in a set let me know. May get a better price for 2 sets than one.
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

Country Flag: Canada
      Yeah I figured they would be too restrictive on your poncho, our engine is at the very tip of what the manifolds are good for. Headers are for sure the way to go, just concerned about ground clearance here.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com