Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Luckman RS electric hideaway headlight kit for 1967 Camaro

Hey there,
      I Have a 1967 RS Camaro, the hideaways have to be opened manually. I wanted to use the DSE kit, but it says it is only for 68-69 Camaros. CI and Rick's both have a product from Luckman industries that looks like it may be the answer, but haven't had any luck finding reviews on this. I am sure someone here has installed this. What did you think of it? Good product or POS? If anyone has any other good ideas for this relatively common problem, please point this newbie in the right direction.

I have not used that brand, but Retro-Electric are by far the best I have used. Simple install/wiring. Trouble free operation. Def better than the DSE setup. Little pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

M research on retro-electric was late for my 67 rs..They are highly recommended by those who installed them and Will SAVE you money ! I did the detroit speed kit, on my 67, and it does work well, but required an additional $300 in 68 parts to make work on top of the $500+ dse kit.

Thanks so much for the guidance, very much appreciated! I will check out the retro-electric now.

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornJPS View Post
      Hey there,
      I Have a 1967 RS Camaro, the hideaways have to be opened manually. I wanted to use the DSE kit, but it says it is only for 68-69 Camaros. CI and Rick's both have a product from Luckman industries that looks like it may be the answer, but haven't had any luck finding reviews on this. I am sure someone here has installed this. What did you think of it? Good product or POS? If anyone has any other good ideas for this relatively common problem, please point this newbie in the right direction.
      Hello I am new seen your post on the rs kit I actually just put in the Luckman kit I have used the Detroit speed which works great but the luckman kit is so much simpler to hook up worked great on my 67 rs was like you could not a review but decided to take a chance it worked out better than I expected

Thanks, W. Glad it worked out well for you. I went with the retro-electro, very happy with it.

Does anyone have a contact phone number that works for Luckman Industries - the one that comes up in google search 317 - 464-0323 only ever goes to a mailbox which is full and unable to leave a message.
      Perhaps someone has their contact number from paperwork inside the box for warranty contact??
      Even an email address?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com