Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Name:  IMG_1803.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  104.3 KB
      More like a lazy Susan as the floor is completely flat and level with the slab.. I went through my phone and can only find this one photo... This is our Super Cub, you can see the edge of the floor just in front of the main tires.. the floor is cable driven..

If I think of it I’ll get some more pictures to post of the building and floor system..

Brian

So.. I have a short video of the hanger on my Facebook business page here https://www.facebook.com/stevesaircr...2969243528637/

Should be public so anyone can watch it..

Brian

So I will buck the bigger is best trend. My "work shop" is 20 x 40. Super insulated since it's kind of costly to heat in the MN winters. Cold storage 24 x 40 pole building for all car parts, boat, lawn mower and new hot rod buliders. 14 x 30 steel building for current summer driver.
      For me at least the 20 x 40 work shop keeps me from allowing any junk to build up.

Planit Oahu, Hawaii if you don't belive me check shipping prices
      I want a 50x60 but when you consider what I have, it still may be to small.
      5 cars, a boat, 4 HD's, mill, lath and the list goes on.
      the wife wants me to have it built, but for the cost of having a 30x40 built I can build it myself and get the 50x60.

figure that you will want 8' around each car that you plan on working at a time, then the depth of your benches, one thing that can help reduce cost is that if you are going to have storage bays for cars you can put a wall in and reduce the cost of roof trusses.

A friend of mine lived in San Francisco for many years but came back to Arkansas. Told me story of a civil engineer he knew with a house in San Francisco. Of course land is precious and $$$. He had a. Place beside his house with a carousel mounted at back corner or house. Backed his diesel pusher along side. House so far. Pushed carousel and then backed pusher behind house as had to be out of site from front.
      To top it off guy had a garage floor that raised on hydraulics with a full machine shop under it.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Nice thread and I agree, whatever you build will be too small. After working for years out of a 2 car garage designed for a pair of econoboxes I built a 20x30 shop thinking it would be the right size for working on two cars. It's just the right size for working on ONE car in order to have enough room to get around the car with shelving and whatnot. And, that's still tighter than I want. Unfortunately (for this only) I live on the side of a hill so I had the shop built out of concrete and it's dug into the side of the hill. The concrete walls are about 12ft tall, and at the back of it on the high side of the hill it's about 4ft tall, so there's no adding on to it. I'd love working in it if I wasn't storing a car out there right now. I CAN work on a second vehicle with the one stored, but it makes for really tight quarters.

I'm in the process of clearing the hillside below the shop, after which I'm going to build up a retaining wall and put in a 40ftx50ft RV pad. This will be for one RV that I will build out of a schoolbus, with a 40ft shipping container on either side that I can use for storing car parts and large tools I don't need often like my engine jack. The lawn and garden junk goes out there too. The RV pad is situated so I can pull in front of my shed, then back onto the pad between the shipping containers, and I will put a roof over that using the shipping containers as the walls. And if I don't get that extra car I'm storing sold before the shipping containers go in I might set one up with climate control and just park the car in a container until I can deal with it properly.

I have been in the fab- machine shop business for 40 years. The shop I have designed for me at the house is 60ft wide x 100 long 18ft clear inside. with it divided into a 40 x 100 main shop ,with the 20 x 60 walled off for an office and storage and a parts room. With 4 garage doors heat and AC full plumbing. Do at least do 6 in thick 4000psi concrete with #4 rebar on a 12 x12 inch square grid in the floor. My little shop at work where I am building my car is a 20 x 40 room and is to small to build a car. I end up working in the main shop all the time. My 10 cents worth.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com