Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hello from PA I'm building the logo car

Hello, I've been lurking and reading all I can find to help me with the LS swap and rescue of what I believe is one of the coolest car I have ever seen. It's a chop top 68 Camaro that looks like it was customized in the 70's. Doors welded shut and roof cut into a targa, front fenders and hood welded together and set to flip forward as one piece. I think it looks like the site logo drawing. I have found a 5.3 and auto trans from a 03 van that will be going in. I'm a back yard customizer at hart and coud not resist this puppy in a local bone yard. I plan to ad A/C, power steering and brakes and windows, rewire and make it my daily driver. I also plan on some wide body mods to fit a set of 20's I found. I am new to LS stuff so I will need all the help I can get...cover me, I'm going in.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Very unique Camaro! Had to look twice at first......And I have one;-). Good luck with your swap, plenty of choices but it sounds like you are on the right path. I'm swapping in an LS3 and T56, but a lack of money and time make for slow progress! I went with BRP Muscle Rod mounts.

Thanks, I just cut the doors out so they open again. I may start a build thread.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 1stgenchop View Post
      Thanks, I just cut the doors out so they open again. I may start a build thread.
      Be careful, If the previous builder didn't weld in convertible braces and add a floor pan brace the doors may have been welded shut before the top was cut to add structural rigidity.

Crikey!!!

No worries, the previous builder welded in a massive roll bar and I added a T bar from the bar to the windshield bracing and put back the original under roof structures.

Country Flag: United States
      Name:  13331013_1227844403922911_7835889584755989886_n.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  35.7 KB

The rule is measure twice and cut once. My problem is I still measure with a mic and cut with an axe!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com