Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Help with carpet in 2nd gen Camaro please.

Hi All

I need to replace my carpet in my Camaro.

My problem is that the previous owner installed frame connectors that go through the rear foot area. They installed chunks of carpet and garbage to take up the difference on either side of the frame connector and just put the carpet on top of this.

Do I have any options? Or pretty much do the same thing they did.

Where is the best place (and type of carpet) to get carpet?

Thank you

Country Flag: United States

Help with carpet in 2nd gen Camaro please.

Just get some foam from Hobby Lobby and cut it to fit.

ACC carpet is generally pretty good. Or have it custom made from an auto upholstery shop.
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I have the same issue in my 68 firebird I plan on building up both sides a bit with foam sound deadener on top of the butyl sound deadener

You should be able to reshape the carpet slightly with a little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun - just be careful not to burn/ overheat the carpet

I just got don installing carpet from ACC in my 1967 bonneville 4 door hardtop. I was concerned it would not fit very well as I am sure it is not A commonly ordered carpet.

It fit very well, I only had t add a little extra underlayment in the rear seat feet area - the original carpet had thicker padding that wrapped up the sides of the foot pan area. The new carpet padding was not as thick and did not wrap up the sides so I added some extra pad in the corners and up the sides to take up some slack and to fill in some slight voids under the carpet. It looks great and should lay down even better this summer with some time in the heat

All in all very happy with the ACC carpet- great price perfect color and it got here very quick

I would also recommend going to your local Menards - Home Depot - Lowes and getting some double face carpet adhesive tape. Kind of helps hold things in place

I used a product from Menards called Capitol Grip Strip - no ironing or heating required- just double sided reinforced carpet adhesive tape - worked very well and super sticky but removable if needed

Thanks for the tips.

So what the different types? Short/Long Nylon or Short/Tal Loop

What is stock, what do most people use???

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com