1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      These look great, a real step forward:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...50#post1224850

Don
      Should have mine on order Monday! Zach is great to deal with can't wait to get it on the LT4!

Country Flag: United States
      LT-4 is a lot of engine for the price.

Looks like the Holley pan is shipping.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Did any of you guys ever try to use the 8l90? I know for the 6l80 people would use a G8 trans pan for clearance, but I'm wondering joe low an 8l90 pan would be in a Chevelle. Thinking of picking up a L86 / 8l90 combo now that they are fairly cheap to replace my l92/ t56.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

I just picked up a LT4 blower kit complete, blower, intercooler, pump, lines reservoir... I also got a L83 with the 6L80 with 18k miles..3500 total investment.. now to get it into my grand national

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      I just picked up a LT4 blower kit complete, blower, intercooler, pump, lines reservoir... I also got a L83 with the 6L80 with 18k miles..3500 total investment.. now to get it into my grand national
      Holley now have LT specific engine side clamshells and poly inserts. They are designed to work with various Holley engine side LS swap mounts. In other words, any Holley LS swap kit will now work with the LT engines when used with these special clamshells. The Holley LT oil pan will work in a g-body.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Holley now have LT specific engine side clamshells and poly inserts. They are designed to work with various Holley engine side LS swap mounts. In other words, any Holley LS swap kit will now work with the LT engines when used with these special clamshells. The Holley LT oil pan will work in a g-body.

Andrew
      thanks.. Im gonna look into it..

thanks.. Im gonna look into it..
      Andrew’s information about the Holley LT mounts is correct, but it won’t help you much in regards to your G-Body. The Hooker Blackheart G-Body LS swap engine mounting brackets are designed around the use of the original GM clamshell mounts that bolt to the frame of the car (AKA 2292 mounts), not the 4th-gen F-Body LS1 type clamshells (3364) that the new Holley LT engine clamshells are based on. The Holley 302-50 LT oil pan will be useful to you, but there’s not much else in the Hooker Blackheart system that will be at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddoky View Post
      Andrew’s information about the Holley LT mounts is correct, but it won’t help you much in regards to your G-Body. The Hooker Blackheart G-Body LS swap engine mounting brackets are designed around the use of the original GM clamshell mounts that bolt to the frame of the car (AKA 2292 mounts), not the 4th-gen F-Body LS1 type clamshells (3364) that the new Holley LT engine clamshells are based on. The Holley 302-50 LT oil pan will be useful to you, but there’s not much else in the Hooker Blackheart system that will be at this point in time.
      I figure most my stuff will be one offs... I picked up my L86 Today, I have a TR6060 being built with a 2002 Fbody tail housing..I got the Blower kit in yesterday, Im going to do a Wegner LT4 Wet sump drive set up.. I think I can use the Holley Pan, and fab the frame brakcets..

Woops. Sorry Todd!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

If you are prepared and willing to fabricate your own brackets, I would highly recommend using the Holley LT clamshell mounts Andrew mentioned on your engine. They are designed to compensate for the mounting bosses on LT block extending 3/8” further out from the block than the bosses on the LS block and will make it easier for you to get the crankshaft height as low as possible.

No worries Andrew, it’s hard to keep all the details straight with all these different parts.

I just bought a near new LT1 and bought a LT4 blower.. talked to Casey over at Wagner, gonna do his kit on the accessory drive, dirty dingo motor brackets..and figure out a mount for my TR6060.. haven't decided what to do for harness and comp..the pan I'm going to use like Andrew said using the Holley pan

I just bought a near new LT1 and bought a LT4 blower.. talked to Casey over at Wagner, gonna do his kit on the accessory drive, dirty dingo motor brackets..and figure out a mount for my TR6060.. haven't decided what to do for harness and comp..the pan I'm going to use like Andrew said using the Holley pan
      Nice. The LT1/4 heads are different so you'll need an adapter plate. There are a few companies that sell swap kits, I got most of my parts from https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopify.com/ - called them and got the stuff required for the same swap. Make sure Casey knows it's an LT1 with plates so you can get the correct length belt, as that will change slightly.

-Dale

SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com