Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuel line options for EFI conversion?

I have a 427 SBC, ~550hp going into a '70 Chevelle, planning on using a repro tank with either Aeromotive or vaporworx 5th Gen pump. I'm planning on using the Holley Sniper EFI though haven't seen a ton of feedback on it yet.

Holley Sniper a reasonable option for this application?

What are recommended options for fuel line?
      Option 1: stock 3/8 pre-bent and adapting 6AN on either end (Classic tube or inline tubing)
      Option 2: Late model OEM nylon http://www.techafx.com/content/6-fla...hose-20-length
      Option 3: Holley kit with vapor guard hose: https://www.holley.com/products/plum...or_guard_hose/
      Option 4: custom bend some stainless steel

It seems #3 would the easiest, $200 including a pump I wouldn't need but also looking for a durable long-term solution.

Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      I used 1 and Vapor Guard hose on the ends FWIW.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Im usein the fiitech setup had a 100 rebate,$995 - 100 rebate, tanks inc efi tank was $210, bolt in pump $210 +sender plan on using fragola premade steel braids PTFE line ordered through Jegs

PTFE I used Fragola
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Thanks for the feedback -- any raw fuel smell with the braided lines?

Quote Originally Posted by downl50 View Post
      Thanks for the feedback -- any raw fuel smell with the braided lines?
      You need carbon impregnated PTFE lines to avoid the fuel smell.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I went with option #1. One piece back to front, no joints no leaks, and it fits. Two 37 degree flares and off you go.

Inline Tube can put FI ends on their pre-bent stainless lines also if you want. At least they did for me.

Jim
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

Option #1 and use PTFE for the short flexible runs on either end. Here is how you mate AN fittings to hardline.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

If a stock stainless tube + PTFE flexible ends are used no additional filters are needed for the vaporworx setup.

I agree with the use of the stock hardlines for ease of installation. Sometimes the hard part is straightening out the bend from shipping.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

I also used the stock hard line and installed AN ends on it. But if you are running a proper return system you will need to run a second line. I used Aeroquip AQP line and have had no fuel smell in the two years since install. I actually use the hard line as the return and the new AQP line is my supply.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Awesome,thanks for all the feedback! I've heard aluminum is easy to work with but not ideal for street cars due to longevity. Others have said it lasts plenty long enough -- any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by downl50 View Post
      Awesome,thanks for all the feedback! I've heard aluminum is easy to work with but not ideal for street cars due to longevity. Others have said it lasts plenty long enough -- any thoughts on this?
      This may be the answer: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Alumin...h-OD,1633.html
      "The main issue when dealing with aluminum tubing (or any aluminum for that matter) is that it “work hardens” when it flexes, which can lead to cracks. It is important that the hard line is isolated from vibration and movement.

Clamp the tubing securely with rubber coated clamps (Adel clamps) and use bulkhead fittings where the tubing attaches to the flex line. Never run the tubing directly to the engine without a flexible hose section. If installed properly, aluminum tubing is safe and durable."

Can u hook the hard line straight to the flex line, without flaring it or incorporating AN feelings? Looking to use Mostly hard line with flex at carb and tank, have short pieces of efi flex hose & efi hose clamps and wasn't sure if hard line would need some type of flare to prevent leaks?

So you have a low pressure carbureted fuel system?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      So you have a low pressure carbureted fuel system?

Andrew
      No actually in process of switching to FItech on my SBC, was hoping I could use the stock hard line with short pieces of efi line and efi clamps at the tank and FI unit, and not have the additional expense of AN fittings. Basically looking to hook up the short efi hose with clamps but wasn't sure if pressure of efi pump would be to much for clamps vs AN fittings

Quote Originally Posted by Jk918 View Post
      Can u hook the hard line straight to the flex line, without flaring it or incorporating AN feelings? Looking to use Mostly hard line with flex at carb and tank, have short pieces of efi flex hose & efi hose clamps and wasn't sure if hard line would need some type of flare to prevent leaks?
      I suppose you could just slide the hose over the line and clamp it but it would look like crap. I would use these AN to tube compression fittings then use a normal AN hose to connect the ends.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...06bl/overview/
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I suppose you could just slide the hose over the line and clamp it but it would look like crap. I would use these AN to tube compression fittings then use a normal AN hose to connect the ends.

Thanks that looks like it would fit my needs

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Option #1 and use PTFE for the short flexible runs on either end. Here is how you mate AN fittings to hardline.

Andrew
      X 2!
      I used aluminum line and Fragola PTFE line on my Nova. Next time I have to do a long run of hard line I think I'll give the NiCop line a try.
      That nifty little tool that Andrew demonstrated is a hand full of Aces. I have one and it doesn't stay in the garage. When it's not in use it has a special spot in my basement storeroom. Some tools are just that special. LOL

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post

WIll these work with Steel, alum, or stainless ??
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast