Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Shifter recommendations

1967 GTO 2004r tranny

i want to replace the shifter with a Lokar unit but I’m not sure which part number is the best. Anyone have a similar set up. Will I need to clearance.l?Any advice would be great. I think cable style is the only style that will fit. Thank you

You would want a floor mount, cable shift unit if you are doing a Lokar. The floor mount allows you to put it anywhere to line up with a console if necessary.

I have installed probably a 100 Lokar shifters, great product, but for muscle cars with an existing shifter Shiftworks is my go to. Their stuff just works and is application specific.

https://shiftworks.com/collections/gto-lemans-products
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

What he said ^^^

But, on Lokar, they do have different lengths, and most of the time I have used 8" or 10" sticks.

-Dale
      Pro Touring Store: Your parts source for all things Pro Touring! We have the best prices & service from suspension, to crate engine packages, to billet accessories and much more!
      www.ProTouringStore.com
      (Not affiliated with Pro-Touring.com)

I also used Shift works and Lokar. Both worked well.
      On the Lokar if you have a somewhat straight shot from the shifter arm to the trans arm you could use the rod type Lokar and save a few bucks over the cable type.
      My 98 Wrangler with a LS6/4l60E combo I had to use the Lokar cable style. It's been 14 years with zero issues. My current project 80 Camaro LS3/4L60E combo I used a Lokar rod type and it's been fine.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com