Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by harleyc04 View Post
      I know this is an old thread but if anyone wants to know anything about installing an 8HP70/90 with the PCS controller, let me know. And yes you can have torque management regardless of which ecm you are running.

You literally replied to this thread at the perfect time.

I tried to send you a PM but i dont think it worked for some reason.

I would greatly appriciate if you send me an email for a brief discussion since I have been working on this gearbox for a while.

[email protected]

I know this is a old thread but is it possible to still get that cad fil for the adapter plate? And who did?

Could you tell me where you got the controller from?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcnitt View Post
      I just finished swapping a 8 speed auto from a dodge ram into my 67 chevelle.
      I'm posting this only to offer anyone interested in doing this any help / advice based on what I did to make it work.
      it's really not too bad, I decided to rip the existing controller out of the tranny and used an external one.
      other than that I used an ati adapter plate and 153 tooth gm flex plate to mate it up.
      I am currently manually shifting using two buttons, shift up and shift down. I'll be adding auto mode someday however manual mode is really what I was after,
      I actually only lock up the converter after 8th so it feels like a 9 speed.
      it's basically the same as the hellcat tranny, I shift in under 200 ms and it barks the tires in every gear.
      there's probably better trannys to use but I've tried 2sp, 3sp,4sp od, and a t56. This 8 spd kills them all
      Again, I'm only posting to help others interested in doing this, it took me a lot of searching to find the info so I'd be happy to help anyone save some time do this.
      A

hello. could you help me with solenoid algorithm for shifting in zf8hp gearbox?

Country Flag: United States
      I have to say I'm very impressive, how you completed this job. ZF transmission are 1 of the best for smooth shifting' a lot of valve body problems and clutch.
      Good job making this ZF 8HP Work

Hi;
      I am new to the forum. I have a 1974 Buick Riviera with 455 motor and I was thinking to swap the TH400 with a modern 8HP70. While searching, I found this interesting thread that shows my dream has already come to reality. It would be so great if the CAD file could be shared because I live outside USA and purchasing the things is kinda headache. Also, I really need to know how the new converter is attached to the flexplate of the SBC. I know this thread is quite old but I preferred to give myself a chance. Any advice or hint is highly appreciated.

BR,

Pouria

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com