Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Dry Sump Tank Location??

Engine bay is cluttered...seen plenty of 'race cars' with them mounted behind the driver(front engine cars)...any thoughts/comments or experiences with having tank not under the hood??
      Positives...extra capacity...extra cooling...weight dist...away from heat...????
      Negatives...cost...weight...complexity...more places to have leaks...????

Engine has been set back 12"+/- if that makes a difference. If its located by engine it would have to be in front of it.
      Trying to keep as much weight within wheelbase.

It would be completely sealed from drivers compartment by rear firewall. Hoses would be run in access panel with other fluid/wiring.
      Planning stages so lets here what you think.

B&G

Mine will be on the passenger side back seat area, sealed off from the "driver/passenger compartment". It helps moving that weight to the rear/passenger side, in front of the rear axle and low to balance car; battery will be right behind it. Offsetting the driveline also helps. Mines 1-1/2" over to the p-side.

Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

That was my though process as well...any issues you have encountered??

B&G

I'd say the location pictured is great... once you get stuff mounted look for used NASCAR stainless hardlines rather than running 10 feet of braided line.
      Need A T-101,Jerico or other 4 speed transmission serviced? Pm me....

I would increase the size of the lines if you move it to the rear of the car, you're going to lose flow due to friction. I would use -16/1" hard line to cover most of the distance.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com