Country Flag: United States
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  152.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  211.2 KB
      Quote Originally Posted by another69 View Post
      1st off, your car is really nice!

I think I may have heard some popping in the video but hard to tell - can you confirm? I took some Gopro videos & the popping sound is way more apparent inside the car than outside of my car.
      Thank you! I don't hear the popping in the video but at that time I had a short air intake tube that put the filter right behind the radiator. During tuning, it was recommended that I get the filter farther away from the radiator and over towards the driver fender for cooler air. I bought a custom setup that was a great fit and looked amazing and closed the filter off under the fender but restricted the airflow enough to make it noticeable and resulted in quite a bit of popping. To remedy it, I removed the block off panel and the filter is now open and resides under the front fender support brace. The popping is much better and it runs strong as ever but it could probably benefit from a re-tune.
      For reference, the top pic shows the current setup although you can't see the whole thing while the bottom pic shows the original "short" air intake setup with which the original tune was done. Hope the info helps...

Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

My air intake is almost identical to yours already. I spoke to Borla, and according to them an H or X pipe is needed. So I'll try that now and see if it helps...

My air intake is almost identical to yours already. I spoke to Borla, and according to them an H or X pipe is needed. So I'll try that now and see if it helps...

Curious why would you need/want a crossover or H pipe, or why you would claim they sound horrible without it? Or why so much hate toward flowmasters? I have an LS3 in my C20 with true dual 3" exhaust through Flowmaster 44's and it sounds amazing. I get compliments all the time on the sound of my truck. And I couldn't be more satisfied with it. It sounds healthy at idle and demands respect at WOT lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com