Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Front flip hood LowbuckX style MORE PICS added

Total cost $3 for bolts The way i did it retains the stock latch and will use a wire roller guide that is not done yet.

I still need to finish weld and do the roller guide but basicly this is how it will be ... Any quetions comments answers let em fly in thick skinned
      Closed
      open
      hinges
      Nothing says "I built this" better than tool marks and dykem blue..

Follow my 3 link build. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61592

Country Flag: United States
      How does it lock in place in the rear?
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

it will lock ito the roller guide

I think it is awsome looknig. More pics when you have the rollers in would be great.
      Is anybody doing this in a camaro? Can it be done?

This little trick has been used in the custom truck world for years.If i remember right they use the hood "guides" off a mid to late eighties i wanna say buick or olds front wheel drive sedans.Nice job by the way its cool to see non traditional muscle car ideas get used sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by beyonda68
      No because of the front upper valance. The front of the hood on a camaro would have to dip under the valance like an older vette.

mike

Shawn,

Nice job! It really makes the engine at lot more accessible.

I gotta call bs on your $3, though. You didn't grow that those poly rod ends and tubing in the garden do you?

2 things you gotta watch out for: 1. Remember that the back of the hood behind the roller attach point will go down as the front of the hood comes up and forward. Be sure the rear hood "points" have clearance so they don't hit the cowl. 2. Make sure you can adjust the hood side to side, back to front, and up and down so you get your body gaps right.

Keep up the good work!

jp
      Last edited by parsonsj; 09-20-2004 at 08:24 AM.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Looks good. I like how some of the members in here are having the hoods open like this. I have been thinking of doing it now.
      ANYTHING can be done on a car.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj
      Shawn,

Nice job! It really makes the engine at lot more accessible.

I gotta call bs on your $3, though. You didn't grow that those poly rod ends and tubing in the garden do you?

jp
      OH CONTRAIR MONFIER

Those arent poly rod ends everything you see there was scavanged from work. I also have use of a lathe and bridgeport at work. Only reason I had to buy bolts was the ones at work where to long.

As for the hood rear dipping down yes mine will slightly but my rollers will be mounted early all the way back.
      With the way the hing is it starts to move forward as soon as the hood starts up in front then my roller guids will have a sharp upward motion of about an 1"1/2 to clear all componets in the rear.

So basicly the hood from the moment the latch pops is on an upward and forward movement.

But No BS on the $3 I am the master scavenger. Even my boss comes to me if he needs to find an obscure part or peice of material in our shop. I have everthing catalouged in my head so if I should need it I know right where it is. That includes all 3 building in my employers complex...

everything you see there was scavanged from work
      Uh, ok. Kinda like the daytime midnight auto supply. Actually, I'm jealous. The only thing I can scavenge from work is printer paper and FedEx envelopes. Not that useful in building a car.

Be sure and show us those rear anchors when you make or "acquire" them.

jp
      John Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by blazer4corners
      This little trick has been used in the custom truck world for years.If i remember right they use the hood "guides" off a mid to late eighties i wanna say buick or olds front wheel drive sedans.Nice job by the way its cool to see non traditional muscle car ideas get used sometimes.

The Buick Lesabre's...

67 Olds Cutlass Town Sedan
      95 Camaro Z28

Here is the start of my roller guide. The roller wheels are fitted to the pencil rod. (o < like this but up and down. The coat hanger represents the upward motion it will take as it exits the saddle. this will be mounted almost all the way back into the horns of the hood.

this is the placement
      and at the cowl

Looks good. Push that roller as far back as possible.
      jp

John Parsons

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com