Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

RadLS67 made me do it...

4 weeks of waiting and still, no shipping notification. It's a depressing feeling when the light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting inexplicably farther and farther away. I'm sure you all know that feeling in some way, when you're waiting on your new wheels to come and the time is just dragging on and on...

I titled this "RadLS67 made me do it..." because my friend, Radley is a member here. He has, for the last few years been trying to convince me that my '72 Cutlass Supreme would look better with larger wheels and tires. I am delighted to say, he finally convinced me. Well, that and some other fateful events that really helped push me in this direction. So, what once was a street-able drag car is now well on its way to becoming a lean and mean cruiser with a little bite to go with its bark.

My 1972 Cutlass Supreme has a 468c.i. big block Olds and is currently waiting on 18x11" Welds RTS for the rear and 18x8.5" RTS for the front. The tires are sitting in the garage just waiting, as I am, on the wheels. Once the 305/35 MT ET Street S/S and 26x10 MT Sportsman SR's are on the car we'll swap out springs and shocks to transform what was a wheel lifting drag car into a little more versatile street car.

I am excited, and impatiently waiting on these new wheels! Once they are on I'll post up some pics of the car...

Thanks for having me!

Stephen

Welcome!! I know what you mean. I am probably one of the most impatient persons I know. Lots of good, knowledgeable people here, You'll like us..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Hey thanks! I am told they will ship November 22...so I guess I'll expect them in December being thanksgiving and all lol!

Looking forward to getting the car set up for handling. When it's time I'm going to give T.C. a call and try to make this car a BMR ride. Hope to learn some new things while I'm here.

Welcome! The RTS is a great looking wheel, they'll look great on a Cutlass. Drag cars are fun, I still own one, but they are VERY limiting in what you can do with them. That's why pro-touring is great.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellshotrodsAZ View Post
      Welcome! The RTS is a great looking wheel, they'll look great on a Cutlass. Drag cars are fun, I still own one, but they are VERY limiting in what you can do with them. That's why pro-touring is great.
      I know! I am so excited! I can't wait!
      1972 Cutlass Supreme - 468 Big Block Olds

Welcome to pro touring!

Welcome to pro touring where you can do more than just go fast in a straight line!

Name:  darksidecookiestshirt.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  156.6 KB
      Radley

-1967 Nova SS
      -2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I am happy to say...I am there. For anyone not following the update thread

1972 Cutlass Supreme - 468 Big Block Olds

looks AMAZING!!!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com