Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      so question for those running Spohn's Del Sphere's or something similar............noticing when the joints are tight they are fantastic but they tend to loosen up rather quickly such that the ends become so loose they rattle.........anyone have any suggestions or experience with them?

cool looking ram! what did you do for brakes? as the stockers suck!

Quote Originally Posted by chet View Post
      cool looking ram! what did you do for brakes? as the stockers suck!
      thanks bro! still running the stockers but I know what you're talking about, there are times they have a very wooden feel to them..............I'll probably just upgrade the pads to a more aggressive compound and see how that does; and then go from there

Country Flag: United States
      Are those Spohn's links Delrin or PTFE lined? I've always had good experience with any PTFE lined heims and swivel bearings. I'm actually modifying a set of our Hotchkis Swivel leaf spring bushings for the Silverado and using a PTFE lined spherical bearing.

2004 Silverado RCSB
      370 LQ9 - TR6060 - 4.10's - Centerforce Dual Friction - TruTrac - AFCO Coilovers - Flip Kit - Hotchkis Sway Bars
      Belltech Spindles - Kooks Headers - Magnaflow - Tuned With HP Tuners
      Go-Fast truck

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O-08 View Post
      Are those Spohn's links Delrin or PTFE lined? I've always had good experience with any PTFE lined heims and swivel bearings. I'm actually modifying a set of our Hotchkis Swivel leaf spring bushings for the Silverado and using a PTFE lined spherical bearing.
      hey brother, they're delrin, not even sure there is another option for them

Country Flag: United States
      Did you ever figure out how to keep the joints tight? Also, what about the knocks and noises?

Quote Originally Posted by abdelillo View Post
      Did you ever figure out how to keep the joints tight? Also, what about the knocks and noises?
      I use a pin spanner wrench from Harbor Freight tools to adjust them, when they're tight they are fairly quiet, my problem is they don't stay tight and then get noisy. I'm guessing the Delrin bushings are the cause but I honestly have no idea. Trying to figure this out.

Country Flag: Germany
      Did you find a solution to the problem?

1985 Dodge Power Ram W250 3/4t 360/518/241
      2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10 505/T56/D60 small upgrades

The solution ended up being to remove them unfortunately. Sold the truck though and bought a travel trailer puller to replace it.
      With that said, just finished this drop project using rear 4-link relocation brackets = much better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com