Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam_T View Post
      Nice control arms. Maybe some day I'll have to grab a set for my f100 swap. Why only lowers?
      I am still designing the uppers. I would like to make an adjustable set as well as a fixed set.

Ryan

I Googled "redmist" and "dodgecharger.com" and found your build thread, but (as with so many) all the pics seemed to be gone.
      Would have been cool to see. The stuff you're making looks great! Keep it up!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      I Googled "redmist" and "dodgecharger.com" and found your build thread, but (as with so many) all the pics seemed to be gone.
      Would have been cool to see. The stuff you're making looks great! Keep it up!

Jay
      Thanks Jay.

All the pics show for me, but it could be that I have access to content for some reason?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/in...c,99432.0.html

Started mocking up the fuel cell in Aluminum. It keys in nicely to the bag plate on the top.

https://www.facebook.com/jakefabllc/...1385334932448/

I also got the control arms back from Anodizing. I did a full Mil-Spec hard coat anodize. These things are going to see road salt, grime, water, etc... They take on a nice dark grey.

Quote Originally Posted by redmist View Post
      Thanks Jay.

All the pics show for me, but it could be that I have access to content for some reason?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/in...c,99432.0.html
      The thread I found was different. It was "Redmist's after 9 years..."
      The pics show on the one you linked.
      Thanks!

Also, those arms look sick!

Jay

Ok, control arm kits are officially done! I will stop spamming the build thread with them, haha

https://jakefab.com/products/billet-...auder-pre-sale

Are you still doing things between jobs at work, or did you come up with some other solution? I read in your Charger MS3 thread that the adapters you made for the Jeep CPS were basically the property of the place you worked. Or at least the design. YEARS ago when I worked at Radio Shack as a kid I had to sign something that basically said anything I designed that used RS's parts to make became theirs.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      Are you still doing things between jobs at work, or did you come up with some other solution? I read in your Charger MS3 thread that the adapters you made for the Jeep CPS were basically the property of the place you worked. Or at least the design. YEARS ago when I worked at Radio Shack as a kid I had to sign something that basically said anything I designed that used RS's parts to make became theirs.

Jay

I designed that CPS Adapter when I was working for the company I founded called 2A-Armament. At the time we were going through ISO/AS Cert, and everything was on lockdown. I sent the original and ONLY CPS adapter to Rick Ehrenberg at Mopar Action so he could "Check it out." What they did was use it to publish a spread in a magazine about converting to EFI. They used my adapter, but gave no credit as to where they got it.... I was a little pissed!

The next month, they continued the article, and gave credit to myself and 2A to cover butt.

I never got the Adapter back. It's still running around in one of there projects. My car was down for a month. I fired up the lathe and had to make another one.

Crazy!

Right now I am working 100% for myself at Jakefab, however I still do contract work and consulting in the firearms industry, and real soon I will be in the semiconductor industry doing the same.

Ryan

I designed that CPS Adapter when I was working for the company I founded called 2A-Armament.
      Oh, I didn't realize you had founded it. Cool.

Right now I am working 100% for myself at Jakefab, however I still do contract work and consulting in the firearms industry, and real soon I will be in the semiconductor industry doing the same.

Ryan
      Congrats for working for yourself! lol. And thanks for answering my questions. Seemed silly to join a Forum I wouldn't be on just to ask questions over there. lol

Following for sure.

I seem to remember you mentioning a Jeep. Any links to it's build?

Jay

There use to be a thread on Pirate4x4 called "Project RuBACON" however all the pictures were un-linked and mostly lost.

It was a sweet jeep!

Nice tight little package coming together here so far!

It's hard to believe this was a Crown Victoria at one point. Fuel cell is almost done. I have a nice billet fuel filler coming, and I am about ready to sink the two Jakefab "fuel pucks" in with dual Aeromotive pumps.

I got the cell all finish welded.

I decided to change up the flange in the front, so it got cut off. I need to order a couple dimple dies. This fuel cell was a bear! I am still trying to learn some of the ways aluminum works as it expands and contracts, but so far so good.

Great workmanship. Love checking your progress!
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Mocking up the brakes, and testing for fitment. I think these are going to end up being a bolt on deal for the front of the Crown Vics!

14" Rotors with hats.

Calipers Are Aero6 with the large displacement area option.

I will need to make a bracket to go from the stock location mounting points, to the radial mounts on the calipers.

Been a good while since I updated.

I mocked up the ridetech Shockwaves so I could move the project to the large bay.

Safety wired the rotors and hats on the Wilwood SPEC 37 14" rotors.

Made some down and dirty lower bag mounts for the rear axle.

Almost finished with the upper control arms to go with the lowers. Still have to add zerk fittings.

Designed a part to adapt the Wilwood Aero6 radial mount calipers to the factory Vic knuckles. I might do a decent run of these of there is interest. These will accommodate a 14" rotor under an 18" wheel.

Country Flag: Canada
      Nice build. I actually bought one of your fuel cell hats last month so I had to chuckle when I found this thread.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Looks great man! Coming right along.
      John Johnson
      Sales/Tech
      812-481-4737
      [email protected]
      Ridetech.com
      Instagram: @ridetech_john

Thanks John!

I need to get an order in with you guys soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      Nice build. I actually bought one of your fuel cell hats last month so I had to chuckle when I found this thread.
      Thanks much for the business! Let me know how it goes, or if you need any help in any way.

Ryan

Whats in the box?

Magnum 6 speed!

Also got the 9.5 Comp Aluminator Coyote in. Man this thing is amazing! Ford has done a great job with these engines. Great performance, and the time they have put into making them look great is awesome.

3D Printed the brake adapter.

Works great!

RXT Clutch going in.

Picked up this old Sheldon mini mill, Used it to modify the American Powertrain Throwout bearing spacer.

Engine and trans together.

And sitting in the chassis. I moved the engine back 3 inches, and will modify the cab to fit it. I need to fabricate some motor mounts and trans mount now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com