Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Pro-touring 72 Camaro SS

Hi everyone !

I'm Bernardo, from north of France, about 4 years ago I've bought a camaro at Mulhouse (east of France ) I'm the third onwer in France ( and hope I will be the last ), Originaly it was a 74 Camaro Type LT with the 350SS ( on the VIN code ) wreck but he wanted to restore it and looked like a 70-73. The 2nd onwer wanted it to look like a 80s street machine and now I think we can say it's a pro-touring car, an Hot Wheels like friends love to say. I've just to change the center console and it will be an almost perfect 72 SS clone

The 1st year I've not done a lot of things cause I had not a lot of knowlegde in cars but I like to learn and finally progressively began to upgrage chassis/suspension/brakes/drivetrain....the only things I've not done alone was the transmission swap and the differential carrier ( did it with a friend who has tools and a lot of knwolegde in muscle cars especially Camaros )

Now the car is "safe" and for the future I'm planning to make a custom leather interior and add some HP, for the moment it's a 350 Edel performer rpm engine but I would like to change it by a 427 DART SHP block or a new LS3 from Speedtech Performance between 550-650hp not more.

I've not a huge budget so it will take maybe 2-3 years but I'm not in a hurry and I love to drive it too ! Shame in France we don't have access to AutoX events :(

Why Speedtech Performance ? Cause Last year I've installed their Street Fitghter kit ( extrem chassis didn't exist at this time ) and their Torque arm with ridetech 3 adjustable schoks and it works really really well !! with PTFB SFC, G-braces and a custom home built chassis bracing, the car's handling is AWESOME !!

Last changes are the end of the exhaust line cause it was too noisy cut before the rear end, installation of a Vintage Air universal heater/defroster kit and the home built chassis bracing. Exteriior and Interior I want it looks like as stock as possible.

ACT single disc clutch, mechanical clutch linkage, upgraded 4 speed Manual, Strange chromoly 1350 yokes and 3" chromoly driveshaft, Eaton limited slip differential carrier, Ten Factory chromoly axle shafts.

Speedtech Performance Street Fighter kit + Torque arm rear suspension system

PTFB subframe connectors + Pro-G-Braces + aluminium bushings + home built chassis bracing.

ridetech 3 adjustable coilovers on 4 corners

Fitech Meanstreet EFI + MSD Pro-Billet dist and 6AL-2 box

Wilwood 13" 6 pistons and 13" 4 piston.

Mishimoto aluminium radiator, Vintage air heater, Dynamat extrem, Tank's Ink fuel tank, Harwood fiberglass hood, home built wooden steering wheel.....

lets take a look at some photos and a little video, hope you will enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXzU-MNU_3c

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com