Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Pro-touring 72 Camaro SS

Hi everyone !

I'm Bernardo, from north of France, about 4 years ago I've bought a camaro at Mulhouse (east of France ) I'm the third onwer in France ( and hope I will be the last ), Originaly it was a 74 Camaro Type LT with the 350SS ( on the VIN code ) wreck but he wanted to restore it and looked like a 70-73. The 2nd onwer wanted it to look like a 80s street machine and now I think we can say it's a pro-touring car, an Hot Wheels like friends love to say. I've just to change the center console and it will be an almost perfect 72 SS clone

The 1st year I've not done a lot of things cause I had not a lot of knowlegde in cars but I like to learn and finally progressively began to upgrage chassis/suspension/brakes/drivetrain....the only things I've not done alone was the transmission swap and the differential carrier ( did it with a friend who has tools and a lot of knwolegde in muscle cars especially Camaros )

Now the car is "safe" and for the future I'm planning to make a custom leather interior and add some HP, for the moment it's a 350 Edel performer rpm engine but I would like to change it by a 427 DART SHP block or a new LS3 from Speedtech Performance between 550-650hp not more.

I've not a huge budget so it will take maybe 2-3 years but I'm not in a hurry and I love to drive it too ! Shame in France we don't have access to AutoX events :(

Why Speedtech Performance ? Cause Last year I've installed their Street Fitghter kit ( extrem chassis didn't exist at this time ) and their Torque arm with ridetech 3 adjustable schoks and it works really really well !! with PTFB SFC, G-braces and a custom home built chassis bracing, the car's handling is AWESOME !!

Last changes are the end of the exhaust line cause it was too noisy cut before the rear end, installation of a Vintage Air universal heater/defroster kit and the home built chassis bracing. Exteriior and Interior I want it looks like as stock as possible.

ACT single disc clutch, mechanical clutch linkage, upgraded 4 speed Manual, Strange chromoly 1350 yokes and 3" chromoly driveshaft, Eaton limited slip differential carrier, Ten Factory chromoly axle shafts.

Speedtech Performance Street Fighter kit + Torque arm rear suspension system

PTFB subframe connectors + Pro-G-Braces + aluminium bushings + home built chassis bracing.

ridetech 3 adjustable coilovers on 4 corners

Fitech Meanstreet EFI + MSD Pro-Billet dist and 6AL-2 box

Wilwood 13" 6 pistons and 13" 4 piston.

Mishimoto aluminium radiator, Vintage air heater, Dynamat extrem, Tank's Ink fuel tank, Harwood fiberglass hood, home built wooden steering wheel.....

lets take a look at some photos and a little video, hope you will enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXzU-MNU_3c

Country Flag: United States
      Very Nice!

Wow, the 2nd picture and the 2nd to last picture serves as another amazing example of what a difference suspension/wheels/tires make ... quite the "before" and "after" transformation ... nice work!

That looks great! Awesome transformation!
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Thanks it was not really easy cause I was working in a tiny garage ( 18 ft x 8ft ) but everything is possible !

Just curious, what is the purpose of the beam running forward from the bottom of the rear diff? I have never seen this setup before.

the beam from the diff to the rear of the front chassis ? this is the torque arm itself. here are 2 links of the Speedtech Performance torque arm with installation instructions

The front cross member for the torque arm is mounted tight to the floor above the body mounts

http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...prod/prd54.htm
      http://www.speedtechperformance.com/...m_Install2.pdf

about the installation, where you have to be really carefull and accurate is when you install the rear X-member and the 3 new brackets where you bolt the shocks and the panhard bar.

everything is well explain in the installation instructions, if you take your time it's not really difficult.

but you have the choice to buy a new rear end housing where all brakets are pre-welded

at the same time, I've paint all the car from the nose to the rear with 3 coats of epoxy coating so now it's rust free

Country Flag: France
      Salut Bernardo !

That's a nice Camaro you have here
      Great parts and great work !

Tu es de ou dans le Nord ?
      Je suis sur Lille

Bonne continuation !

Hi Bello !

next to Valenciennes I saw your Chevelle, nice car nice project !

Country Flag: France
      Thanks Bernardo,

I will start soon on my project !!

Maybe we can meet someday...
      on a meeting or elsewhere.

nice job. Love 2nd gens

Nice job it looks great!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Didn't see the thread has been moved to "project updates"

thx guys ! I will receive soon some parts I was looking for for a long time, a 71 console bought here on the forum and a pair of stainless steel drip rail trim moldings found on ebay.

Now that the chassis/suspension is completly finished, I'm thinking about more hp engine swap is a big budget so I will maybe try a turbocharger conversion that is really less expensive and not too difficult to install for the moment but I would compelled to change the meanstreet EFI to the power adder, don't think we can just replace the internal MAP sensor to a new one 2.5 or 3 bar.

Very nice! Cool color!

Quote Originally Posted by TomsResto View Post
      Wow, the 2nd picture and the 2nd to last picture serves as another amazing example of what a difference suspension/wheels/tires make ... quite the "before" and "after" transformation ... nice work!
      ^^^ X2, I'm envious of your rear suspension, looks great.

"^^^ X2, I'm envious of your rear suspension, looks great. " and very efficient !

little update, I've received some parts, 70-72 console, DSE wiper kit, other stuffs and just bought a Banks power twin turbo kit found on ebay, someone who change his mind to go to a supercharger and sold the TT kit 25% cheaper than new but the kit is new, real deal ! can't wait to receive it !!

By waiting the Banks Power kit, I've received the Mishimoto J-line intercoolers, weld it together and install it, still some work to make it beautiful and replace the original front chassis crossmember ( don't know the real name of that item ) by a custom built to have more space to install the intercoolers. I've a fiberglass hood so I've cut the hood latch support that was useless on the radiator support to bring the intercoolers as high as possible. Awaiting for a new electric fan from Flex-a-lite and I will maybe buy a closeout panel.

the 70-72 console, love it !!

Everything looks great Bruno! The car is going to haul some serious tail with those turbos!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Thanks Ben ! hope it will work well but this is thanks to your suspension system too that I'm able to add some power !

electric fan installed, Flex-A-Lite 160, very good quality, very easy to install and closeout panel built, will be black painted

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com