Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      need to remove the intake manifold and modify all cylinder head intake ports and clean them, fuel line almost finished, next step will be the exhaust line

Installation of the Banks kit finished ! next step exhaust line, passenger side it will be easy, driver side I have 3.1" space for a 3" axhaust diameter because of the clutch linkage, it will be fun !

that bottle is exactly 3" diameter

how the kit should be without intercoolers

exhaust line finished LOL

my father's classic car, a 1979 Renault 4L

awaiting for the exhaust line, I've finished several things, a bracket to hold the MAP sensor, an other to hold the turbo feed line not to touch the exhaust line, flex fuel connector and coil brackets received, I think I will be able to put them on the valve cover, I will have to build a weird exhaust line on driver side but it should let enought room for the coils.

front end heighten about 1/2" to be at the same height as rear end and because the oil pan is a bit lower than the motor crossmember, 25.6" from ground to inner fender, if french roads were not full of speed bumpers, the car would be 1" lower....

Finallly the coils will be on the front of the inner fender, I've ordered Granatelli coils and custom length 0 ohm spark plug wires and I've decided to relocate the battery in the trunk so I will be able to put the air filters far from heat, with simple items found in a home depot, I've made an air duct integrated in the front spoiler, and cut the passenger side inner fender to let some room for the intercooler pipe, still some work to make it clean but it will look good when it will be finished.

air ducts finished !

finally I don't like the new height, it's too high so when I will be able to drive, I will check if I don't touch the speed bumpers and then lower the 4 corners 1/2".

finally received the straight 3" SS tubes so beginning of the exhaust line, passenger side easy, driver side tomorrow it will be fun because of the cluth linkage...

most difficult branch done ! let's finish it !

Country Flag: United States
      Wow what a job you did fitting all that in there, nice!

Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

thanks a lot !

I wonder now if a H-pipe with a twin turbo setup is always a good thing ? N/A cars it helps but turbo cars ?

the black "bumper" is here to replace the following crossmember and let some room for the oil cooler, does anyone know the name of that original GM part ? never found it on books or even on the internet

exhaust line almost finished, at the same level as the torque arm, higher than the subframe connectors. the lowest thing is the oil pan, about 3.1" high from ground with that ride height. I think I will ba able to lower the car about 1/2 inch.

just seen that we don't need mini tubs to fit up to 325-335 tires, on the red circle, we just need to cut about 4 inch long, the rest of the chassis is about 1.6" further than the tire, my tires are 285 wide.

exhaust line finished, battery relocated in the trunk, SFC welded to have a good ground, Granatelli 0 ohm spark plug wires installed and beginning of the intercooler pipes with SS 2.5" tubes cause I had SS tubes in stock from the old exhaust line.

still 4 things to buy : Granatelli 80kV coils, Deatschwerks 88lbs injectors and the new MS3 Pro EVO ECU with plug and play LS harness and Innovate DLG-1 Dual Lambda Gauge

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com